Newbie Subie owner, twice over now...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie Subie owner, twice over now... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, no use just getting your toes wet. Might as well dive in head first...... Well, our '95 Legacy L ...

Newbie Subie owner, twice over now...

Well, no use just getting your toes wet. Might as well dive in head first...... Well, our '95 Legacy L was showing some age back in March. 260,000 and still ticking like a rolex, but it was time for something new. Just for giggles, we went to the local dealership and test drove a '10 Forester 2.5x. About an hour later, we was cleaning out the '95 Legacy and on your way home with a new Subaru. Lemme tell you we love our Forester. Consistant 29 mpg calculated, 100% rural mountain driving.

Well, this past weekend, I sold my mint condition '87 IROC-Z Camaro. The money was burning a hole in my pocket since it came in contact with my hand. I done a little research and only found 2 WRX's within 200 miles of me (Where are they all?) Ending up driving for 3 hours to check out one in Chapel Hill, NC. I took my pickup and trailer just in case because I wasn't going to try to break the new WRX in on the interstate for 3 hrs.

After a couple hours of paper signing, we loaded the new WRX up and made a bee line home. Boy what a ride. I knew these things were quick, but never imagined they were this fast. I've not even got it up past 3500 rpm's and its plum scary. Do you really need to go above 4k?

Anyways, having 2 new car payments is gonna be rough, but it will sure be worth it. Now I'm torn inbetween driving the WRX daily or storing it in the garage where the IROC was kept for the past 11 yrs. We'll see.
    2010 WRX 4-door, 5mt, WRB - fast enough stock!!
    2010 Forester 2.5x 5mt, SSM - wifey DD
    '87 Z28, LT1/6spd conv. - side project
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

hope you enjoy. i just got mine a month ago. Know what you mean about being torn between daily driving and not. Take my truck to work a lot more but the will soon get over it with the difference in gas mileage. Had a mustang that I stored and pampered got the wrx so I could drive it year-around. Enjoy it, there such a great car.

I also own 2 Geo Metro's. Normally alternate weeks with them. Hard to beat 50 mpg, but no where near as fun as the WRX. Heh... I've only put 30 miles on my first WRX and already in love with it.
    2010 WRX 4-door, 5mt, WRB - fast enough stock!!
    2010 Forester 2.5x 5mt, SSM - wifey DD
    '87 Z28, LT1/6spd conv. - side project
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.