Hello and generic buying opinions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello and generic buying opinions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, been reading the forums for a while just picking up some background info. Nice set of forums and ...

I Support ClubWRX

Hello and generic buying opinions

Hello all, been reading the forums for a while just picking up some background info. Nice set of forums and good user base =).

Anyhow, I am currently a poor PSU college student going for EE. I used to drive my gpa's caddy until the brake lines and head gasket went (at the same time too) and now drive an astro van. All jokes aside, it does at least get me through the winter well at least, and the price was right. I graduate in December and looking to buy a nice car. Looking into either a new camaro or sooby.

Been frowning upon the Camaro as of late... Thinking it isn't too practical for me unless I have a beater of some sort, and with moving around to apartments and such, probably not too useful with our winter here (Pittsburgh - nothing bad, but my friends complain about even our rain and their mustangs).

Sooo, looking into a wrx of some sort. From what (not really) reliable information I have found, the 2011 seems like it will be a pretty good machine WRX wise. By the time I get a down payment saved up, should be good timing.

My main concern is, am I going to be disappointed long term wise if I get a WRX instead of an STi? I plan on keeping the car for a while, and don't want to have that "I should have just got the other one" going through my head while driving. I figure I can always upgrade what components out of the WRX that I want, but wanted to get some opinions. The STi would be pushing the wallet also.

Just looking for some opinions on the matter, I know it is pretty vague, but planning ahead financially.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off, Welcome!! The site has TONS of information for you too take a look at once you decide on your purchase. Second I will give you my take on your situation. I just bought a 2010 WRX and honestly it is an amazing vehicle. When purchasing a car I look at getting the best car for the money that suits my NEEDS. I couldn't afford the STI, but if I had saved up a few more months I probably could have handled it. However I told myself "do i NEED the STI??" sure it would be great, but the WRX is enough car for me and like you said you can always UPGRADE to make the car better. But it is ultimately your choice. If you WANT the STI then save up for it and get the car you WANT. In my opinion if you aren't going to race/track the car the wrx is MORE than enough car for the average user. Good luck
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Sema.

I've just been reading around and going through NASIOC (Mainly Unabomber's stuff). A whole lot of good information here =).

Will be trolling the forums for a while, be gone for fall semester (last one finally), and then hopefully back with a rex after saving a decent down payment.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.