buying question: 04 sti vs 08 wrx

This is a discussion on buying question: 04 sti vs 08 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; which is the best way to go There's an 04 STI and a 08 WRX, both same miles, both same ...

Exclamation buying question: 04 sti vs 08 wrx

which is the best way to go

There's an 04 STI and a 08 WRX, both same miles, both same price.
    Both are bone stock, both have extensive service records done at a Subaru dealerships. this may be a tougher decision then i intended it to be.

also its a cash deal so I'm not worried about loans involved so the 04 part does not bother me, there both in the 18-20k range out the door.

what one should i buy? i know the STI is faster then its WRX under part, but the newer WRX has different numbers then the 04 WRX did have. what one of the two is actually faster, more reliable, comfortable. Cheaper upgrades even. I'm trying to look at this at every option, this is and will be a daily driver for me.

See for me a car with under 30,000 miles is still new. Both cars are under 30k miles thus i know if i take care of it, its going to last a long ass time especially a Subaru. I've seen over 10 Subaru's with over 300k miles on the original motor and tranny. another reason I'm buying a Subaru and not the Mitsubishi Evolution.

Thanks for all your help.
    -T

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to drive both. You may not even like one of them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yeah i live at the bottom of north carolina, one car is in VA the other is in FL so i want to get some options before i drive 500 miles north or 500 miles south. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    I can guarantee we could find something about which our opinions are diametrically opposed. Neither car is typical for its class, though the 08 has more mass appeal by design. A lot about these cars is different, and a lot is a matter of opinion. Of the two, I'd buy neither, preferring an 09 WRX "265" over either -- over the 04 STi because the 09 is a better road car, and over the 08 because the 09 has improved dynamics and more power (though it also had a string of engine failures!).

If you insist on one of the two cars you mentioned, the 08 is more comfortable, the 04 faster; the 08 is likely to be more reliable and in any case is still under warranty. I'd borrow the 04 for a weekend, but drive the 08 long term -- but that's just me. They are very different cars that share a badge. See if you can drive examples locally.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.