my car

This is a discussion on my car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this is my car. 07 WRX. one of the tail light pictures is before i smoked them and the other ...

Do me a favor and check this out!

this is my car. 07 WRX. one of the tail light pictures is before i smoked them and the other is obviously after. wanna do more to it. all I have is an exhaust. give me some input on what more to do to make it either look a little more sexy and how to make it run better both with performance and with gas mileage.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails passenger.jpg   tail lights.jpg   front.jpg   b4 smoking.jpg  
    Last edited by ingersoll_90; 05-15-2010 at 12:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, it obviously has at least a cat back exhaust on it. Do you know of any other modifications that have been done to it? If there is an aftermarket down pipe on the car (you can tell by looking at it under the hood or under the car), you MUST get a tune if you're not aware of one having been done on it before.

One thing to let you in on though, with performance comes decreased gas mileage, that's the nature of power, but in the end, it comes down to how you drive it.

Congrats on the purchase.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

well i drove an 03 gti before this and i know that just getting the exhaust and cold-air on it gave me a lot more power, better sound, and better mileage. almost 4 more mpg. just wondering if that is something that i could do to this.

also, when it comes to intakes, is it better to go with cold-air, or does a short ram intake do just as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ingersoll_90 View Post
    well i drove an 03 gti before this and i know that just getting the exhaust and cold-air on it gave me a lot more power, better sound, and better mileage. almost 4 more mpg. just wondering if that is something that i could do to this.

also, when it comes to intakes, is it better to go with cold-air, or does a short ram intake do just as well?
    whatever you do, do a tune - it is REQUIRED after an intake. The tune will catch you a few more hp maybe, and probably a few more mpg.

And, just a warning - upgrading looks is nice, but don't get so caught up that you forget about performance :P (you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't, but it must be said anyway).

drop it a little then go for the v-limited lip if u want it to stand out a little more

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ingersoll_90 View Post

Those will NOT give you better has mileage. If that's something you're seeking, either stay stock or with "stage 1" tune. Anything beyond that will cause a drop in gas mileage.

And absolutely not poly, an intake does not automatically mean you need a tune.

So I talked to a guy who tunes subies all the time, and he said that I definitely have some chinese downpipe/exhaust. He said it isn't the best, but not the worst. He's going to do my tune to stage 2 for $150 (good price??), and that my base map said I run about 11 PSI of boost and that he can get me to 18-20 pretty easily. Just need some thoughts on where I should go with this.

try to find some more info on the guy before u use him. a stock wrx puts out 13.5 psi so that's what your baseline should be. if it's a daily driver i personally wouldn't go above 17 psi. $150 is definitely a good price if the guy knows what exactly he's doing

Read the links in my signature man!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    i like the smoked dude! i swapped my '07 tails with my friends '04 tails before she got rid of her impreza. definitely tight though.