New to the suby scene but not to cars
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the suby scene but not to cars within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own two 86 corolla hatches, and just got a 02 wrx imprezza for a low low of 3.5.k but ...

New to the suby scene but not to cars

I own two 86 corolla hatches, and just got a 02 wrx imprezza for a low low of 3.5.k but its auto

I just did an oil change today with 5w30 synthetic, and want to do a tune up. But I cnt find where the spark plugs are -___-
    Ive been looking left and right top and bottle.

Also theres smoke coming out of the left side of the engine bay from under the turbo.

Please help and Im proud to be a owner of a scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to ClubWRX!
    Check out this thread on how to replace the spark plugs.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/spark-plug...4.html?t=12294

Edit: Here's a better thread http://www.scoobymods.com/spark-plug...96.html?t=1596

What color is the smoke? Is there any fluids dripping off the turbo? The turbo might have a blown seal. If it does then you'll need to have it rebuild, or replaced.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 05-14-2010 at 05:35 PM.

No the smoke seems like its coming from the left head? Its around the turbo but not coming from it, its coming from somewhere under the turbo but not directly. Smoke is white, and smells like oil.

And thanks for the links :]

Time for a head gasket then

****. The dude that sold it to me said i needed a new valve cover gasket. Can this be cause the smoke?

When you changed the oil was there water in it? Have you checked the condition of the antifreeze? Is there oil in it?

When the engine is off does it leak oil?

No oil leak was visible. No water in the oil. And havent done a colant flush yet.

Not yet, The smoke is starting to worrry me so ima take it in to the subby dealers monday, when i get it back is when ill change the plugs. Theres no misfire or unresponsive throttle so the plugs can wait.

could it be that i switch to a oil with less viscosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadou-kin View Post
    could it be that i switch to a oil with less viscosity?
    Changing the oil or type of oil is not going to cause this symptom.

true... -___- well i guess ill see monday

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.