Noob from ott canada lol
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noob from ott canada lol within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my name is Ben. Just bought a Brand new 2010 WRX. I'm obv also a brand new noob ...

Exclamation Noob from ott canada lol

Hey guys, my name is Ben. Just bought a Brand new 2010 WRX. I'm obv also a brand new noob member to ClubWRX.
    I couldn't be any happier with the car. I don't have really anything done to the car, as i am waiting to educate myself a bit first. I get my windows tinted on Wednesday (super excited)
    I ordered a short shift kit, shift knob, and bushings combo from TWNperformance.com. very happy with this company both customer service and the products. I installed the shift kit and shift knob without too many issues. But i don't really know about the bushings. The manual looks complicated and i don't really know what they will do. Will i notice a big difference?
    anyways its great to be a new owner and a new member.
    thanks
    Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club Ben!

You will surely feel the difference with the short shifter and bushings. The bushings help eliminate slop in the shift pattern, making for cleaner shifts.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the Club Ben!

You will surely feel the difference with the short shifter and bushings. The bushings help eliminate slop in the shift pattern, making for cleaner shifts.
    ^^Bill speaks truth!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

sweet!

thanks alot guys! Do you guys know if installing these bushings would affect my warantee?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayoshow View Post
    thanks alot guys! Do you guys know if installing these bushings would affect my warantee?
    Bushings? Install with no worries.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

cool beans

do you know specifically what voids warantees?

I Support ClubWRX
    In Canada? I do not know.

There are laws in the US that supposedly protect those seeking warranty claims. In short, a warranty claim cannot be turned down due to a modification unless the dealer can prove the failure was caused by a given modification.

There are many cases where this has been true and many where it was not. Ultimately, it is up to the dealer service department's discretion.

During the warranty period of my bought new 2004 WRX I never had a single problem, despite several significant obvious modifications.

I was always honest with my dealer in what I had done to the WRX up front. They were very cool in working with me when they clearly did not have to.

It never hurts to simply ask what is and what is not allowed.

Hope this helps ...
    Mods & Pics

yeah that helps alot! Thanks again. I'm gonna call my service dpt tom morning and see what the dizzeal is. And also try to install the bushings!

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.