Just bought 07 wrx, help with mods?

This is a discussion on Just bought 07 wrx, help with mods? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, what's going on people? I am new to the wrx family, so do not mind my ignorance about knowledge ...

Just bought 07 wrx, help with mods?

Hey, what's going on people? I am new to the wrx family, so do not mind my ignorance about knowledge of Subaru motors. I am a rotary guy, but the wrx will be my daily driver. Just have some questions about modding? My 07 only has 15k on motor with spt exhaust and intake. Not even sure if that exhaust is good or not? Anyway, I am looking to do some mods, nothing serious. Any suggestions? maybe a downpipe and up-pipe, or maybe i just need one of them? or headers? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
    Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you picked up a nice car I just recently picked up an 06 Wrx myself. As for modding, many argue that on the 06/07's for any downpipe a tune is required. Some people run without one but I would strongly recommend one just to be safe. From what I have read the SPT exhaust holds its own. I might have read somewhere that it becomes noticeably restrictive at around 400 to 450whp but do not quote me on this.

So far I have done some minor exterior/ interior mods to keep myself busy but ultimately it comes down to what your looking for. I have done this just to try and keep my factory warranty which is also another big debate whether work will be performed with mods(Dealer dependent so they say) But all in all what do you want from the car handling, power, looks etc.
    Last edited by splinter888; 05-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

^ read that

cliffnotes:

downpipe, catback, TUNE (it IS a must for 04+ wrx's & all sti's that have aftermarket downpipes)

you dont need to get an uppipe because ours are already catless. you could get an aftermarket one if you want but it's not really required or necessary unless you're doing an upgraded turbo & need more airflow or somethin' :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thank you's both, for the input. I am going to read the link you sent.