New member in Colorado Springs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member in Colorado Springs within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I picked up an 08 sedan a couple weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I ...

New member in Colorado Springs

Hey everyone, I picked up an 08 sedan a couple weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I got a great deal for the car with 14,250 miles, stick shift, pretty much base model. I've wanted a WRX since I first started watching the WRC in 2001. I haven't decided if I'll be driving it off road or not. I've been through the site learning a ton about the car. I definitely agree with many people's choice to change the stock stereo, it's aweful. I'll be doing that first. Here are a few pictures I've taken of the car.
    This picture was taken at the top of Cheyenne Mountain AFS

The next couple pictures are from my phone the day I got it.

The car came with a SPT exhaust and I love the sound it makes. Is this an option from factory? The guy at Carmax said they don't sell cars with aftermarket parts on them.

This was taken May 2nd. I absolutely love Colorado Springs because of the cooler weather. I moved from TX in Feb so the change in climate is great.

That's my 91 Suburban as well. It's the reason I was looking for a car with better gas mileage. I have an 05 Ninja ZX6R but it's not warm enough to ride it every day. I'm looking forward to learning about and upgrading the car and possibly the meets I've read about people having. Oh yeah, does anyone know how to get a subwoofer box into the trunk with the slope it has?
    Last edited by SPIRK; 05-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRK View Post
    Hey everyone, I picked up an 08 sedan a couple weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I got a great deal for the car with 14,250 miles, stick shift, pretty much base model. I've wanted a WRX since I first started watching the WRC in 2001. I haven't decided if I'll be driving it off road or not. I've been through the site learning a ton about the car. I definitely agree with many people's choice to change the stock stereo, it's aweful. I'll be doing that first. Here are a few pictures I've taken of the car.
    This picture was taken at the top of Cheyenne Mountain AFS

I can see my house from that shot... if you wanna get it dirty jump on dirtyimpreza.com and check out the cruise on may 22 we have set up over there... were going from the springs to castle rock via the front range...
    Blowing doors off of Honda's since 1985

Welcome and congrats on the wrx, its very nice
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car, I'll look for it in the parking lot. Mine is the blue one, usually parked near the TSF or whatever the building is called now.

Bubba02Sti - I don't think I'll be tearing up the dirt until I get a good percentage of the car paid off so I won't have any hassle with the insurance if something bad happens to it.

momo02WRX - Thanks, hopefully I can keep it that way for a while.

Stawgn10 - I may have seen yours up there. I'll keep an eye out next time. My company moved me to Peterson so I only get to go to the mountain on tuesdays and thursdays and that's only in the GOV. I liked working up there MUCH more than where I work now. I was looking forward to driving the WRX up the hill in the winter.

congrats on it... im still waiting for mine, i ordered a 2010 hatch in SWP in march and im still waiting. im in the springs so when it comes in we'll have to meet up, i got the spt exhaust too

Another WRX owner from the Springs. Picked up my 2010 sedan in Dec. Maybe I'll see you around town.

Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying the car. I've seen a ton of WRXs around town. Looking forward to some meets or possible road trips.

welcome to colorado! funny thing i almost moved to tx! and yes, def looking forward to some meets!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.