New 06 Owner

This is a discussion on New 06 Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just picked up a 06 wrx a few days ago. The car had about 29k on it, ...

New 06 Owner

Hey guys,

I just picked up a 06 wrx a few days ago. The car had about 29k on it, the previous owner traded it in for something more family oriented. Ive been into mr2's since i started driving and this is only my 2nd none mr2 I've owned. Ive owned 5 mr2's and i still own a 91 non turbo that is my project car. My plans for the car are to keep it clean and just drive it. Here are some pics sorry i had to take them with my phone, because i dropped my camera in oil when i was doing a t-belt on my two. For some reason all my phone pics are blurry looking and look like some sort of dream sequence sorry.

And here is a pic of my mr2 on a car dolly after i split one of the metal heater core lines above the gas tank

and here is were it sits now waiting for me to find time to work on it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

diggin the headlights not so much the lip on the back.

keep the camera still silly :P
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    diggin the headlights not so much the lip on the back.

keep the camera still silly :P
    Yeah it just sucks i couldn't find one completely stock, sometimes what the PO did sneaks up on you. LOL on the camera its a new phone so I'm trying to get used to it.
    Last edited by JamesO; 05-08-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    not so much the lip on the back.
    I love the rear lip / mini spoiler.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I love the rear lip / mini spoiler.
    Thanks man, I'm digging the wing but i don't know how i feel about the PO debadging the rear.

Welcome. Feeling the car looks like mine except your so lucky to have the limited lip in the rear. Hopefully I can find one soon lol such a clean look. Congrats hope you are enjoying the car .

Quote Originally Posted by splinter888 View Post
    Welcome. Feeling the car looks like mine except your so lucky to have the limited lip in the rear. Hopefully I can find one soon lol such a clean look. Congrats hope you are enjoying the car .
    Thanks man, I'm liking the color. The funny thing is this is the first car Ive owned that wasn't white. All my mr2's Ive owned were white with blue interiors, and the my Mazda mx6 was white with a burgundy interior. Still trying to get used to having a backseat and i trunk i can fit stuff in.

Congrats and welcome! I like it
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club.

just to make sure- i see you have an exhaust. do you know if it's a catback or a turboback?

if it's a TBE make SURE you have engine management! :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome to the club.

just to make sure- i see you have an exhaust. do you know if it's a catback or a turboback?

if it's a TBE make SURE you have engine management! :]
    Its just a catback, I'm looking to get rid of it, and replace it with the stock piece or a stock looking exhaust. The can on the back is to big for my taste.
    Last edited by JamesO; 05-09-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Its just a catback, I'm looking to get rid of it, and replace it with the stock piece or a stock looking exhaust. The can on the back is to big for my taste.

Go with cobb or the spt exhaust both look stock (Cobb!) lol. I have the Cobb on my car and its a really nice piece.

I have an oem cat back if you interested pm me... nice car man... and welcome... I like your mr2 too my neighbor has a 94 its pretty sick...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I have an oem cat back if you interested pm me... nice car man... and welcome... I like your mr2 too my neighbor has a 94 its pretty sick...
    Thanks man, I'll let you know about the cat back, i got to get my mr2 running again before i can do anything. Your neighbors lucky the 94 and 95 mr2's are getting harder to find now. splinter888 thanks for the advice I'll definitely take a look a them. i should have some interior shots up tonight.

Thanks man, I'll let you know about the cat back, i got to get my mr2 running again before i can do anything. Your neighbors lucky the 94 and 95 mr2's are getting harder to find now. splinter888 thanks for the advice I'll definitely take a look a them. i should have some interior shots up tonight.
    Yeah I like those things but I got a family so I can't realy justify a 2 seater with the wife...lol I don't know exactly what he has done to it but its louder then my car... mine is more throaty of a sound and his sounds more like a honda and crack... yeah if your interested in the cbe just shoot me a pm... I of my other neighbors down the road has a supra its really nice too... it sounds like a big block straight piped...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah I like those things but I got a family so I can't realy justify a 2 seater with the wife...lol I don't know exactly what he has done to it but its louder then my car... mine is more throaty of a sound and his sounds more like a honda and crack... yeah if your interested in the cbe just shoot me a pm... I of my other neighbors down the road has a supra its really nice too... it sounds like a big block straight piped...
    Man your neighborhood sounds awesome lots of Toyota's lol . Heres a pick of the motor and two shots of the interior for everyone.