New potential Subaru owner...

This is a discussion on New potential Subaru owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. I have been looking at the WRX, the Mazdaspeed3 and even the new Legacy 2.5GT. I have only ...

New potential Subaru owner...

Hi everyone. I have been looking at the WRX, the Mazdaspeed3 and even the new Legacy 2.5GT.

I have only test drove a MS3 so far. My local subaru doesnt have any WRX's in at the moment...

My only drawbacks on the WRX and MS3 are the backseat sizes. I will be putting a carseat (for about 5 more months) back there. then a booster seat. I like the look of the Hatchbacks.

The legacy is attractive, new styling AWD and a pretty peppy engine itself. Im not saying I wanna race anyone, but I have been driving a Ford 500 for the last 3 years and I am looking for just a little more sportiness...

Any feedback is welcomed. I look forward to reading the forums and checking out some of your WRX's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would go with the Legacy. It is more of a grown up car. I do love my wagon though. It can fit so much more than a sedan.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Going from a Ford 500 to an Impreza or MS3 would be a bit of a shock, space wise.

Defiantly take both of the Subaru's for a drive, but I wouldn't be surprised if you went with the Legacy.
    Maybe you can find a WRX at another dealer in the area?

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Drive all three. I'd agree the Legacy 2.5GT is the "grown up" and most family friendly car.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I dont know about the mazda but My Sti has a ton of room compared to my Lexus is250. A car seat wouldn't even be an issue for me. I would test drive a Wrx first. Put the seats Down and you will have way more room than most sedans. But no kid in the back obviously. Finding one to test drive might be an issue. All three cars are a night and day difference. If I where you I would drive all three for sure. You don't want to look back and regret it.
    Last edited by Nigel79; 05-08-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    '09 Sti

I previously owned an 08 Ms3 and have owned a couple 02 WRX sedans (including my current one). While they are not the roomiest in the world, they are both much better than some other 4 door cars I have encountered. Also, I have no problem getting my son in and out of his carseat from the back seat (of either car). The MS3 is a fun car, but I'm much happier in the WRX

Good luck and welcome
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Thanks. I did love the MS3 but the AWD in the WRX is sweet. I will definitely test drive all before I make a decision.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had a couple car seats in the back of mine and it works just fine. The 08+ is even bigger you will be fine with the Wrx

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC