New guy here and want to intro myself

This is a discussion on New guy here and want to intro myself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself here. Names Jason. I have been into racing for 17yrs. ...

New guy here and want to intro myself

Im new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself here. Names Jason. I have been into racing for 17yrs. I am starting to leasrn a Lil about imports as to a friend has a sti. I had a 88 coupe mustang that ran 6.20's in 2000. I went through a divorce and sold the car. So now im gonna go after a longer (faster E.T) car. I've learned alot since I went 6.20's in the mustang so fingers crossed.

I came into this forum because a buddy of mine hand ported a set of sti heads that kicked some tail and can't wait to see it finished up and on the dyno. We figure it will make 1000 at the flywheel no prob and hoping for around 1100hp.. and about 1000awhp. The guy from Fastech (mark) was a tick behind in mods, and ran the cosworth big valve cnc head wich is no where near the head this guy is running and Mark made 940awhp. So we believe without a doubt it will make more , but just how much more is the question.

In comparison the Cosworth big valve CNC heads flow 280cfm on a good day. This hand ported set going on my friends car flowed 322.56 cfm so that's like going from stock to ported and the cosworth being stock and makr made 940 awhp with that cosworth head so fingers crossed cause this race hand port kicks the cosworths azz from start to finish. The heads are going on 06whitesti's car.

Nice to meet you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well hello there - welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_2010 View Post
    Im new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself here. Names Jason. I have been into racing for 17yrs. I am starting to leasrn a Lil about imports as to a friend has a sti. I had a 88 coupe mustang that ran 6.20's in 2000. I went through a divorce and sold the car. So now im gonna go after a longer (faster E.T) car. I've learned alot since I went 6.20's in the mustang so fingers crossed.

Nice to meet you guys.
    Welcome the WRX isn't your typical "import" (as typically referring to Japanese street racing). Rallying has always been more of a European thing and hopefully not considered among the same lot as Japanese ricers...

So is the 6.20 in the quarter mile or eighth mile? If it's the quarter then
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome the WRX isn't your typical "import" (as typically referring to Japanese street racing). Rallying has always been more of a European thing and hopefully not considered among the same lot as Japanese ricers...

So is the 6.20 in the quarter mile or eighth mile? If it's the quarter then
    Hahaha...lol No it def wasn't the 1/4. 6.27 w/ 1.42 60ft @ 112mph. The 60 was off were I had a 1.37 60ft before but it's long gone now.

Think I saw a thread on marks car on nasioc, well I saw a thread about a 940whp sti, I don’t think there are to many of those, as I remember they were pushing it pretty hard (the tune) very cool though.

I don’t think they were running stock cnc's though, I believe they were ported also but I am not sure of that so take it for what its worth.

6.20 car, very nice

good luck with the build

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_2010 View Post
    Hahaha...lol No it def wasn't the 1/4. 6.27 w/ 1.42 60ft @ 112mph. The 60 was off were I had a 1.37 60ft before but it's long gone now.
    1.42 60 foot is still a damn good launch. If you have any pics, I'd like to see. The fox body mustangs were my favorite. I'd estimate the quarter to be around 11.0 sec @ 130, am I right?
    Last edited by zax; 05-07-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome aboard, thats gonna be/already is a badass STI!
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by etothen View Post
    Think I saw a thread on marks car on nasioc, well I saw a thread about a 940whp sti, I don’t think there are to many of those, as I remember they were pushing it pretty hard (the tune) very cool though.

I don’t think they were running stock cnc's though, I believe they were ported also but I am not sure of that so take it for what its worth.

6.20 car, very nice

good luck with the build
    They weren't stock CNC it was the big valve cosworth race head. I know for a fact that the heads were no where near what's going on Dustins, even mark has said himself when Dustin showed him the heads. And the place that flowed the heads said just from a quick glance you can tell this head here us much better than the big valve cosworth head. The guy that did the heads said he could do a stage one port on them and be just as good as the cosworth big valve head. Obviously there's not much if any R&D on those cosworth heads. The entry is not right, the percentages are not right, ect ect. Just look at the pics of the two. I will say this if you look at the entry into the intake runner you will notice on a cosworth the divider is so sharp to touch it would cut you and also comes almost all the way to the opening which is a no no and also that divider being really sharp. Air likes to flow around a radius rather than being cut thus creating a turbulence in the intake track, and that coupled with it being a small port it just don't flow much better than stock. Heck a stock port flow 260 and the cosworth flowed 280cfm....lol come on 20 cfm better than stock for 4200.00. Also another helpfull hint... what ever you do if you have any work done like say headers, or heads... Do not gasket match anything ... when you do that your messing with the minimal cross section. You want the smallest part of the port to be the entry and or exit where the two meets ..intake to head and or header to head.. Trust me you don't want to gasket match anything I promise you it will not help it rather hurt it.

BTW: Dustins car is a tick more modded that Marks and has twice the head Marks did. Well when Dustin get's it together we will see.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome! any pics of the mustang?

my dad has an 89 that he fully restored (did all the body work, paint, etc himself. a tree actually fell on it during a hurricane here in FL)

(http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958720 - for the full mod list)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    1.42 60 foot is still a damn good launch. If you have any pics, I'd like to see. The fox body mustangs were my favorite. I'd estimate the quarter to be around 11.0 sec @ 130, am I right?
    I have some VHS vids....lol It did cut a 1.37 not leaving on the spray but coming on a car out. should been like a 1.32-.34 had I been able to leave on it. Plus it was just 150 jets. Coulda ran 250 jets but couldn't get the launch right. The car shoulda been nearly dragging the bumper. Nah my 1/4 was 9.54 @ 141.xxmph. It'd run 11.0 or a tick better N/A.

Here's a video that you can see how we like to leave the line. This is a video of a guy that has been on pinks a few times and in a magazine with a 60k car against my buddy in his 8k dollar race car. Now he does do all his own machining and building from stoart to finish so he does save money and have an advantage with his knowledge. He has done engines for Joe Gibbs racing and all.

This is a stock rod, block , crank, .30 over windsor( let me add boring an engine .30 over is not gonna give it any hp just for achieving a good cylinder that will seal). Vic Jr intake, solid cam, Iron Dart jr's, and a glyde on 125 baby shot first pass of the trailer on a new engines and seating the rings on that pass still and it went a 6.15 @ 114. We figure it will go some 5.80's on 250 maybe run a lil faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7h-DyMVh7I

Welcome. Awesome numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome! any pics of the mustang?

my dad has an 89 that he fully restored (did all the body work, paint, etc himself. a tree actually fell on it during a hurricane here in FL)

(http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958720 - for the full mod list)
    Very nice looking car... My bro restored his 85 4 eye coupe. Custom paint from the Kandy Shop, new interior, cd player, cage, 331 stroker, Vic Jr heads, New Boss 4 bolt block, all forged internals, with main girdle & windage tray. B&G 76mm turbo / the big intercooler. E-85 injected, Big stuff 3, K-member, 33 spline strange axles, rear diff girdle, lots more. Should run low 9.0's or high 8's in the 1/4. It should make 1K+ hp. Havent got it all together and ready for a dyno.