Hello you wonderful people!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello you wonderful people! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I've just joined the forum in fond anticipation of the Impreza ( WRX or STI ) that I ...

Hello you wonderful people!

Hey guys,

I've just joined the forum in fond anticipation of the Impreza (WRX or STI) that I intend to buy over the coming weeks.

I'm looking at the saloon ...maybe a 2005 make. Any pointers on tell-tale signs of wear & tear that I should be looking at ?
    apologies if there's a thread on this already.

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by su-personic View Post
    Hey guys,

I've just joined the forum in fond anticipation of the Impreza (WRX or STI) that I intend to buy over the coming weeks.

I'm looking at the saloon ...maybe a 2005 make. Any pointers on tell-tale signs of wear & tear that I should be looking at ?
    apologies if there's a thread on this already.

cheers
    Welcome Mate,

Look for any sort of modifications... try to stay away from those cars. Between the STi and WRX... I'd definitely recommend the STi
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Welcome to ClubWRX!

Please read the stickies (FAQs) in the car purchasing forum, lots of great information there.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/

Staying away from Modified cars...

Why is everyone so against purchasing a modified WRX or STI.

OK, the mods could have been done by an unqualified person, and a modded car could mean it has been driven hard, but it seems a rume of thumb on this fourm to "stay away" from even looking.

I drive a modded car that is beautifully maintained, should no one look at buying it?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard. Good luck in your hunting!
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Thumbs up first drive in a Subaru

thanks for that hearty welcome guys!

I had my first test drive in a WRX (2005 - 43,000 miles on the clock) today...and was it an experience or what!! what a car !!!!
    it was also my first time on a turbo...so the kick-in-the-pants was amazing. Can't believe this had just 220 horses. The ride was a lil bumpy as expected (but who cares) and the steering seemed a little jumpy... it was wet and i was doing about 110.
    alrite...question time:

1. is it normal for the steering to be a lil wobbly at high speed corners? or was it just a case of bad wheel balancing ?

2. I was trying to see if the car would just take off in 3rd gear and rode the clutch a few times on 3rd gear at about 3,500 rpm. its started to burn and smell a bit within those 10 mins. is this normal?

3. i'm trying out a 2005 WRX - STI (300 bhp) next week. Is that really a 'special edition' as the dealer claims to be?

i'm hooked big time... couldn't have asked for a better transition from a m'cycle to cars

cheers

1. The steering should never feel wobbly. Unless it's so wet the tire is not making proper contact with the ground.

Make sure the tires are in good shape (check for uneven wear), and that they are balanced. It may need to be aligned. It may have a bent rim. It may have a bent suspension component due to hitting a curb or the like.

2. When you say take off in third gear, do you mean from a stop? Taking off from a stop in First gear is best, Second gear in a pinch, third gear never.

3. I'm not familiar with the UK market Imprezas to know what ones are special edition. The all of the 2004-05 WRX STI in the US market make 300hp, and have a 2.5L engine. I think the UK STI of that year may retain the 2.0L EJ207 from the JDM market.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.