New Jersey 2010 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Jersey 2010 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just got my 2010 wrx in feb first time on here . anyone run there wrx at englishtown stock yet ...

Thumbs up New Jersey 2010 wrx

just got my 2010 wrx in feb first time on here . anyone run there wrx at englishtown stock yet if so what times are these cars running alot of cars i see cant run off the line with me. i ran a 2006 caddy cts-v and he had a exhaust n he couldnt hang i cant believe the way this car pulls . i had a 2002 and i wish it had this engine back then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Club mark6

ClubWRX doesn't condoan street racing of any type, but nice to see the WRX outruning a Cadi but I doubt it was a CTS-V you ran which is 400hp 395 ft-lbs from a LS2. You might have beat on a regular CTS which is more comparable to your 10' 265hp WRX.

There are guys here who ran their car stock - not sure of the numbers.
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 05-05-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Welcome to the Club mark6

ClubWRX doesn't condoan street racing of any type, but nice to see the WRX outruning a Cadi but I doubt it was a CTS-V you ran which is 400hp 395 ft-lbs from a LS2. You might have beat on a regular CTS which is more comparable to your 10 265hp WRX.

There are guys here who ran their car stock - not sure of the numbers.
    no it was but not the supercharged one and only was to 60mph im not a person who would put anyone in danger and was at 1am going home so was from stop light to 60 and was on a 50mph road so yes i did speed by 10 mph lol

The specs I quoted is from motortrend.com and its the NON SC'd CTS-V 6.0L V8. He wasn't racing or he wanted to see how your 10' WRX pulled off.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/...ons/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mark6 View Post
    no it was but not the supercharged one
    I <3 SASHA.M

I know a lot about fast car but not everything I know the ls2 is 400 hp and that car is way heavy and maybee the driver is that great or feathered the cluch to much or even maybee was a ls6. Even then its still 400 hp without the displacment of a ls2. But anyhow I can drive very well. I beat a lot of people back in my day then switched cars and beat my car with there's. And from what I remeber the caddy does 0 to 60 in 4.9 and wrx is 4.7 both on paper but whose to say so I beat him straight up end of story ty

Welcome aboard and congrats on the nice ride!
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mark6 View Post
    I know a lot about fast car but not everything I know the ls2 is 400 hp and that car is way heavy and maybee the driver is that great or feathered the cluch to much or even maybee was a ls6. Even then its still 400 hp without the displacment of a ls2. But anyhow I can drive very well. I beat a lot of people back in my day then switched cars and beat my car with there's. And from what I remeber the caddy does 0 to 60 in 4.9 and wrx is 4.7 both on paper but whose to say so I beat him straight up end of story ty
    I have romped past one the same way, coming from a light on a highway to 60 in a 55 so I sped by 5mph, but the same result, and err, um these cars are a bit under rated from the factory. The regularly put down 240whp/240tq stock so, 285-290 stock at the crank, which is how the caddy rates it. The 09+'s have a number of guys putting 12.8-12.9 stock, not stage 1, stock, I am pretty sure the same is not true of the caddy.

you romped on a V-Series CTS? and 285-290hp is for which V-Series CTS? what year? Do know what the CTS-V is?

Quote Originally Posted by etothen View Post
    I have romped past one the same way, coming from a light on a highway to 60 in a 55 so I sped by 5mph, but the same result, and err, um these cars are a bit under rated from the factory. The regularly put down 240whp/240tq stock so, 285-290 stock at the crank, which is how the caddy rates it. The 09+'s have a number of guys putting 12.8-12.9 stock, not stage 1, stock, I am pretty sure the same is not true of the caddy.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Congrats on the new car. Also Jersey love

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    you romped on a V-Series CTS? and 285-290hp is for which V-Series CTS? what year? Do know what the CTS-V is?
    not a V series, no supercharger, that car has the hood bulge, flared fenders 4.3 0-60, 12.5 1/4, I remember captain slow piloting the thing at the Bonneville salt flats trapped 163 on Top Gear, but a 2006 Cts, 400 hp/ 385 tq, 3680lbs, 0-60 4.9, 1/4 in 13.4, believe that was the car and driver review and thought that is what op was talking about (400 hp)

now look at the stats on a 2009 wrx (265 "rated hp" but we know better, 3250lbs 0-60 in 4.7 and 1/4 in 13.02 also Car and Driver)

So, if I was a good enough driver, assuming his car is like new I can still romp on him in the 1/4, and even I, a meh driver can take one to 60, that what these cars do, Traction.

anything else?
    Last edited by etothen; 05-07-2010 at 08:56 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The 09+'s have a number of guys putting 12.8-12.9 stock, not stage 1, stock, I am pretty sure the same is not true of the caddy.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    meh, ill get teh links, but not tonight.
    Last edited by etothen; 05-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    meh, ill get teh links, but not tonight.
    I believe that someone posted those times on the net, but don't believe that they actually ran the 1/4 in 12.8. That seems far to quick for a stock WRX, unless the 60' was 1.0 and the RT was 0.001
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.