Hello Friends.

View Poll Results: With these modifications am I........?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Screwed

4 50.00%
  • Hopeful

3 37.50%
  • On Right Track

0 0%
  • Bathing in Awesome Sauce

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

This is a discussion on Hello Friends. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, where to begin? First, I have got to say that I am really excited to find a group of ...

Hello Friends.

Well, where to begin?
    First, I have got to say that I am really excited to find a group of people who are so into Subaru. I want to thank anyone in advance who takes the time to read this or reply.

With that said, Let me tell you about my car. It is a Yellow 2003 WRX. I bought it with 51,000 from my local dealer. I should tell you that I do not have extensive knowledge about this stuff but I will try to tell you like it is.
    Now, it was very evident that who ever had this car before me made extensive modifications before taking it back to stock (as much as possible) and selling it to the dealer while still under warranty. I had this fine automobile for 3 days before piston 3 threw a rod and cracked the cylinder wall and was making zero compression. So I got the top half of my block replaced for free. Pretty good deal considering how much i bought it for.

Anyway, there are 3 lights mounted above speeedo- 2 green and a red, Aftermarket Boost gauge, a hole covered nicely by black electrical tape next to cruise control button(where a switch presumably was), short throw shifter and SPT Air Intake.
    On the engine there is some sort of pulley(GFB) that the guys at Subaru accused me of putting on and it was only after much convincing that they realized i had no idea what it was for or why it required replacement. Now, apparently because of this pulley my belt continues to become loose and requires to be tightened about every 2-3 months.
    There is also a tag on the back that says A.P.S. and a place under my hood where a TurboXS sticker used to be. Also some sort of cow sticker above where some people told me a boost controller would be.
    ANYWAY... What i would really like to know is... What next? I have some money and i want to start upgrading. HP is not the whole issue... I want this car to last and do it right by making the right steps. With the mods described what would you all suggest? The guys at Subaru tell me to buy the stock pulley and get rid of the constant squeak problem, but I am thinking downgrading is the opposite direction I want to go.

I have read upgrading/mod guides, but it seems like my situation is sort of in-between/advanced and I am not starting from step one. Like I said, I want this car to last, and invest in things that will improve it. But of course i do want this car to be very, very fast. I'm just looking for the best ways to get there from my current situation.

Anyway, more information and pictures of items/mods described will follow. Thanks Again for reading. Send me your thoughts if you can!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    we're going to need to see some pictures.. especially to figure out what your boost control system looks like.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Welcome
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Welcome, and definitely need to know exactly what you have so far before going any furthur. Post pics and try the local forum to see if someone is close to you that can help out as well. Good luck!@
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD