Thinking about letting my supra go

This is a discussion on Thinking about letting my supra go within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since i bought the car it has been nothing but a money pit, i have always loved the wrx and ...

Unhappy Thinking about letting my supra go

Since i bought the car it has been nothing but a money pit, i have always loved the wrx and now im really interested. The question i have is there any common problems for a wrx? For example my supra is notorious for bhg (due to incorrect torque setting for factory) as much as i love my supra i would like a reliable car thatt wont suck up as much money . After swapping the engine new rack and pinnion ball joints power steering sway bars spring interrior and turbo tranny and rear end i cant keep dumping money into it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, i love my 2004 sti! it just rolled on the 91k mark n the only problems ive had is the notorious strut clunk, fix that with new suspention cost to fix can be below a 1g, (buy new spring n or just struts) i went with coilovers. now i have been hearing a new noise everytime i release power from the drive shaft. so i think i need new bushings, n i hope not new axles. but other than that the sti is a very reliable car! Sorry to har about ur supra though, i always wanted one! 98' TT blk

I have the first mk3 old school supra and my driveshaft has play as well.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzeror View Post
    I have the first mk3 old school supra and my driveshaft has play as well.
    Well, with a Mark III something is wrong is nothing is broken.

Common issues really depend on the year model you're looking at.

Thats why im doing research first before i get ****ed this hard by another car. Any problems with the wrx?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm the last person you want to ask about with my car.

You're gonna need to be more specific for what years you're looking at.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Any problems with the wrx?
    Yes, you'll go right back into sinking money into the WRX to modify it too!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

i wasnt modifying it or anything it has the stock 7mge just was trying to keep it running. Most of the stuff i changed because it broke or was about to.
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aptcha=success
    was looking at this 02.
    Last edited by Xzeror; 04-29-2010 at 09:25 AM.

The more money you spend, the less it will break in general. You buy a STI and you get a better engine and trans. You build it up with forged internals and it will last longer. You put in a roll cage and you wont die in a crash.

There is no real problem with the wrx in general outside of people complaining about paint chips which I don't have. People complain about 02 and early 03's transmissions breaking but any transmission has to break sometime with a decent amount of power. I am sure I could break my STI with stage 2 if I tried. If you're buying used, you might as well plan on a new transmission though. Most people that will buy a wrx and sti will seem to mod it in some way and abuse it. I would love to say I baby mine still but I use it for what it is, a fun car with 300whp. Good thing for other people is I don't plan on letting it for another 5+ years. By then modded or not cars tend to break.

If you want a car that's for sure not a money pit, buy a new civic and don't mod it.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

i wasnt modifying it or anything it has the stock 7mge just was trying to keep it running. Most of the stuff i changed because it broke or was about to.
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aptcha=success
    was looking at this 02.
    if you arent going to modify it too much this seems like a great car, good price, clean, low mileage and its nice to see the stock intake on it! usually thats the first thing swapped out by an uneducated modder...
    no launching or turbo swaps and the tranny should last with little trouble
    its all about maintenance though

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed