07 wrx TR shot turbo question....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 wrx TR shot turbo question.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put ...

07 wrx TR shot turbo question....

Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put on a new one dealership wants 1100 for stock wrx or sti any advice should i stay stock or go to sti ....if i go sti what all do i have to upgrade this is my first turbo car soo any advice would be great.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should check out ebay for vf39 setups... I found 1 for around 500 for the piping, turbo, tmic... and look for a deicent downpipe and you'll have to get a tune as well you can do an open source 1 all you'll need is a tactrix cable... so with all this should be under $1000... if you don't want to go that route you can always just look for a used td04 online for like 300
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    You should check out ebay for vf39 setups... I found 1 for around 500 for the piping, turbo, tmic... and look for a deicent downpipe and you'll have to get a tune as well you can do an open source 1 all you'll need is a tactrix cable... so with all this should be under $1000... if you don't want to go that route you can always just look for a used td04 online for like 300
    This. Very good advice. vf39 is a good upgrade.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

When I put an STi Turbo in my 06 WRX I all ready had a full TBE, STi TMIC and the walbro FP.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by hammer14 View Post
    Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put on a new one dealership wants 1100 for stock wrx or sti any advice should i stay stock or go to sti ....if i go sti what all do i have to upgrade this is my first turbo car soo any advice would be great.....
    Do you have any mods done to your car? How many miles? I guess warranty is up?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Do you have any mods done to your car? How many miles? I guess warranty is up?
    63K no mods al stock but i bought used guessin it was moded by miss matched bolts

Quote Originally Posted by hammer14 View Post
    63K no mods al stock but i bought used guessin it was moded by miss matched bolts
    Hmm. Maybe the previous owner gave the car the beat down. Maybe a step up would definitely something to keep in mind. STI TMICs are pretty reasonable if you can find one used. There's one in my area for 275 I believe, and a walboro is about 120. I believe. Just gotta shop around.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.