07 wrx TR shot turbo question....

This is a discussion on 07 wrx TR shot turbo question.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put ...

07 wrx TR shot turbo question....

Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put on a new one dealership wants 1100 for stock wrx or sti any advice should i stay stock or go to sti ....if i go sti what all do i have to upgrade this is my first turbo car soo any advice would be great.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should check out ebay for vf39 setups... I found 1 for around 500 for the piping, turbo, tmic... and look for a deicent downpipe and you'll have to get a tune as well you can do an open source 1 all you'll need is a tactrix cable... so with all this should be under $1000... if you don't want to go that route you can always just look for a used td04 online for like 300
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    You should check out ebay for vf39 setups... I found 1 for around 500 for the piping, turbo, tmic... and look for a deicent downpipe and you'll have to get a tune as well you can do an open source 1 all you'll need is a tactrix cable... so with all this should be under $1000... if you don't want to go that route you can always just look for a used td04 online for like 300
    This. Very good advice. vf39 is a good upgrade.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

When I put an STi Turbo in my 06 WRX I all ready had a full TBE, STi TMIC and the walbro FP.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by hammer14 View Post
    Sooo my 07 WRX TR has a blown turbo its suckin oil and wont build boost soo time to put on a new one dealership wants 1100 for stock wrx or sti any advice should i stay stock or go to sti ....if i go sti what all do i have to upgrade this is my first turbo car soo any advice would be great.....
    Do you have any mods done to your car? How many miles? I guess warranty is up?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Do you have any mods done to your car? How many miles? I guess warranty is up?
    63K no mods al stock but i bought used guessin it was moded by miss matched bolts

Quote Originally Posted by hammer14 View Post
    63K no mods al stock but i bought used guessin it was moded by miss matched bolts
    Hmm. Maybe the previous owner gave the car the beat down. Maybe a step up would definitely something to keep in mind. STI TMICs are pretty reasonable if you can find one used. There's one in my area for 275 I believe, and a walboro is about 120. I believe. Just gotta shop around.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair