Bought a new WRX 2010 limited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bought a new WRX 2010 limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a new WRX 2010 limited hatch in spark silver, I got the media hub, subwoofer, auto dim mirror ...

Bought a new WRX 2010 limited

I bought a new WRX 2010 limited hatch in spark silver, I got the media hub, subwoofer, auto dim mirror w/compass options. I picked it up last Friday. The car comes with summer performance tires - would it be a good idea to swap those out with good all seasons when winter season comes around? I'm in Boston, so we see decent snow/ice in the winter.

I love the car, acceleration is great, hearing the turbo spool up is like music.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dont forget about the break-in period! Keep it on the slow side for the first 1000 miles... Not sure about the tires though, wait till someone else answers that.

Congrats on the purchase, I bet its sweet
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

I was wondering about the break in. I was thinking it was 500 miles. I drive normally most of the time, but do hammer it from time to time, hard not to, hah. I'll minimize the hard driving until I get to 1k to be on the safe side. What should I be shifting at - 3.5k RPM?

Congrats!

Keep it under 4000rpm for the first 1000 miles.

The summer tires that came on your car turn to stone below 40f. Come October you'll want to install some All season or winter tires.

welcome, and do post some pics.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Here are some pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0260.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	88307

Name:	PICT0261.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	88308

Name:	PICT0262.JPG 
Views:	332 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	88309

Name:	PICT0264.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	88310

Name:	PICT0266.JPG 
Views:	332 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	88311

Name:	PICT0267.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	88312
    Last edited by tontod; 04-27-2010 at 07:20 PM.

You will want to replace the tires come fall.
    I live in Wisconsin and have driven rear wheel, front wheel, 4x4 and two other AWD cars prior to buying my Limited. This car sucks in 2 inches of snow with the summer performance tires.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Preferably, you'd get dedicated winter tires and have the two sets. You'd be much better off that way. However, I've used all season tires several winters and been fine. But remember, the AWD only goes so far and won't save you from stupidity.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I am jealous

Nice ride and congrats
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Congrats! I LOVE the leather! Most comfortable seat I have ever owned!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

Break-in's 1000 miles, according to the manual.

You'll want to get some winter tires for winter. My IPike's were inexpensive, incredibly grippy through this record-setting winter, and my 4th set on 4 cars.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by tontod View Post
    I bought a new WRX 2010 limited hatch in spark silver, I got the media hub, subwoofer, auto dim mirror w/compass options. I picked it up last Friday. The car comes with summer performance tires - would it be a good idea to swap those out with good all seasons when winter season comes around? I'm in Boston, so we see decent snow/ice in the winter.

I love the car, acceleration is great, hearing the turbo spool up is like music.
    ahhh man it looks beautiful, congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you order the car?

Quote Originally Posted by tontod View Post

Keep her slow for the first 1000, then get ready to smile!

Welcome to the Spark Silver club, the best color I might add!

I looks beautiful and enjoy it, you're going to love it A LOT!

I've got a 150 miles on my Spark Silver limited and loving it more everyday. The turbo is really starting to sound good, can hear it about a block or two away that I'm coming. ha ha

I've been somewhat babying it, but I found out as soon as I got up to 6k the car really runs so much better now. I'm not taking it to that everytime I drive...but I get on it and get off of it and drive around letting it cool down.

The turbo pulls much harder now and the sound really opened up after I got on it decent a few times now.

I'll never "baby" a car ever again after I had trouble with the engine in the one I did.

Drive it normal...keep it under 4K during normal driving, but if you have to get on it, go for it. Just don't go nuts.

Doh, I thought the break-in was 500 miles. Though I havent been driving it too hard, just a day or 2 that I went over 4k and I did some quick accelerations, made sure to stay below 5k at the highest. Last few days I have been taking it fairly slow (no more than 3.5k).

I placed the order end of February, a couple of weeks ago they told me it would be next month before I got a VIN, so I figured end of the month would be the earliest I would get it. I didnt want to wait that long, so on Sat 4/17 I went to another dealership, they beat the offer from the 1st dealership, plus they said they could get the car the following Monday. It was a win-win for me, and I picked up the car last Friday. The only thing was they had to drive it from Maine, so it had 310 miles on it when I picked it up, but thats fine, not a big deal.

The dealer told me there wasnt much of a break-in, just to keep it below 5k, thats all which I definitely have.
    Last edited by tontod; 04-29-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast