Bought a new WRX 2010 limited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bought a new WRX 2010 limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PewterTA Welcome to the Spark Silver club, the best color I might add! I looks beautiful and ...

Quote Originally Posted by PewterTA View Post
    Welcome to the Spark Silver club, the best color I might add!

I looks beautiful and enjoy it, you're going to love it A LOT!

I've got a 150 miles on my Spark Silver limited and loving it more everyday. The turbo is really starting to sound good, can hear it about a block or two away that I'm coming. ha ha

I've been somewhat babying it, but I found out as soon as I got up to 6k the car really runs so much better now. I'm not taking it to that everytime I drive...but I get on it and get off of it and drive around letting it cool down.

The turbo pulls much harder now and the sound really opened up after I got on it decent a few times now.

I'll never "baby" a car ever again after I had trouble with the engine in the one I did.

Drive it normal...keep it under 4K during normal driving, but if you have to get on it, go for it. Just don't go nuts.
    Thanks, yeah, its a great car, brings a smile to my face every time I step on it. What options did you get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats!! I am shopping around myself for a 2010 Limited as well. Mind if I ask what you got it out the door for? Also, as asked, how long did it take for you to get it? I want to take advantage of the current financing.

Grats again!

It didnt take me long at all to get it, after waiting a month for a factory order, I just walked into a different dealership, they got it for me within a few days (from a dealer from another state). I'm leasing it, its $376/month for 36 months. The total price was $29,333. Adding the subwoofer, ipod interface, auto dim mirror added to the price a little bit.

Hey thanks for the quick response. I have soo many questions. Argh! The tough part for me is wanting to test drive a new WRX before ordering. The dealership hasn't had any in stock. Im going to test drive a Sport just to get the feel for the size of the car. Hopefully if I decide to buy/lease they can get it from another dealer instead of ordering from the factory.

How's the five speed?

lookin good! Enjoy it, these cars are pure fun
    14K mi on my 2010 now.. lovin every second of seat time
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by JNuts View Post
    Hey thanks for the quick response. I have soo many questions. Argh! The tough part for me is wanting to test drive a new WRX before ordering. The dealership hasn't had any in stock. Im going to test drive a Sport just to get the feel for the size of the car. Hopefully if I decide to buy/lease they can get it from another dealer instead of ordering from the factory.

How's the five speed?
    Yeah, I really wanted to test drive one before I ordered it. However, the dealer didnt have one in stock. You could call around dealerships in the area asking them if they have one in stock for a test drive. Worst case, the $500 deposit you'll have to put down for getting a car from a different dealership is refundable in case you decide not to buy it after test driving it, but that definitely wont happen

I like the 5 speed, I like the way the gearing is set, not too many frequent gear changes, I can easily be in 3rd gear going 40-45, that would be about 3.5k RPM or so. Oh, if you shift at 3.5k rpm or so, you can hear the blowoff/diverter valve, its great

The clutch is a bit stiffer than I'm used to (coming from a Forester), but its good and just a matter of getting used to it.
    Last edited by tontod; 04-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.

I got mine on tuesday with 40miles on it...it has over 500 now...is that bad?? At least the break in period will be short
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

So if I get a set of tires for the winter, what happens with the TPMS sensors? Do those need to be replaced also?

Not unless you change the wheels. Should be able to keep the factory tpms sensors when you put winter tires on the factory wheels.

New wheels on the other hand.. yeah would probably be a good Idea to get a set of sensors too. Unless you like that little annoying orange light on in the dash all the time lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

How's she drivin? I am looking at adding the Homelink/Dim mirror, maybe the sub. How does it sound?

Oh also, how much did it spike your insurance? I will be calling my agent Monday to check, just wanted to see if I could get a feel since I am impatient.

I LOVE the car, driving it is a blast. I've been taking road trips every weekend (probably except this one). I've had it for 3 weeks now, have driven approx. 1300 miles so far, lol. Its great around turns, especially the rotaries in/around Boston. I have yet to push it too much though, but now that I'm past break-in, its time to start punching it more, weather is nice and the tires are gripping the road really well. The sub sounds pretty good, however I have gotten the speakers to clip, so I think there should have been an option to upgrade the factory speakers.

Actually, my insurance was quite the surprise. I used to have Liberty Mutual up until a few months ago, on my 2002 Forester I was paying ~1200/year, after I switched to Ameriprise, I paid ~$774, then when I bought the WRX, it only went up to $922/year! My coverages are a bit low, but its still a pretty good rate, I'm very surprised it didnt go up any more. I have accounts at Ameriprise, so that helped a bit. So, I'm paying less on my new WRX with the new insurance company than I was with the old insurance company on my old car!
    Last edited by tontod; 05-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.

How does the stereo sound with the 'media hub' unit? I know the bare bones unit sounds like garbage (that's why I upgraded to a pioneer head unit this weekend actually).

regarding tires.. i've been running p-zero nero all seasons since january (in ohio) and they worked pretty well this past winter. Gotta be careful on ice and deep snow.. the car would drift quite easily.. Also if in tight spaces, gotta watch out with AWD (compared to FWD) in that the back end of the car can move around some when the tires are broken loose in a parking lot or w/e.

enjoy the car man! you made a good choice.

p.s. the silver color is quite amazing.. tis why I picked it as well!

Just get a set of dedicated snow tires/rims for the winter. Don't even bother w/ all-season tires because as the name implies, snow/winter tires are awesome in the snow/cold weather.

The computer only knows 4 TPMS sensors at a time so I've had to get used to the annoying orange light. Just manually check them often, as you should when the outside pressure/temperature changes as it does during the winter.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

The media hub sounds pretty good, I think the stock speakers are kinda crappy though, I think it would sound a lot better with higher quality speakers.

Yeah, definitely going to get winter tires. I live in Boston, sometimes I drive up narrow streets with cars just a few inches to my side, so I dont need to drift. I like the wheels so I'm thinking of just getting the snow tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12