new to "the club"

This is a discussion on new to "the club" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi all, i've been lurking as a guest for some time now, but today is the day i pick up ...

new to "the club"

hi all, i've been lurking as a guest for some time now, but today is the day i pick up my wrx, so i figured today would be the day i'd register and introduce myself.

stuff you don't really care about: john, 30, software engineer soon to be living in monument, colorado (in colorado springs right now, moving up in june).

stuff you care about: 2010 base hatch wrx in silver spark, plus a couple miscellaneous options. i already have a k&n intake, kartboy ss, and rally mud flaps to bolt on (the wife isn't exactly happy), but that's probably going to be it for a while as this is really just a fun commuter for us.

i also have a '99 honda accord with 180k miles that will be going to friends soon, and a '97 honda passport with 110k for dirtier deeds (done dirt cheap).

that's it for now. i'll probably continue lurking mostly, but "hi" for now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, and please share some pics of your 5 door.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

thanks dark. i'm picking it up tonight so i'll try to get some photos up soon, (though it should look pretty standard, i'm assuming).

Wellcome... read through the first mods and the tuning threads is the best way to get started in getting to know your new sooby... and enjoy...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Welcome! There's a very active rallycross group in these parts if you want to use your WRX as it was intended... http://www.coloradorallycross.org/

thanks, 06scoobyrex. i'm up to speed on a few of the acronyms now, at least.

looks interesting matt, but i'm pretty sure if my wife gets mad about me putting mud flaps on the car, she's not going to be happy about autox. ;-) as she occasionally reminds me, it's actually her car (though i do the majority of the driving).

Hahaha... lol no problem man I'm still learning what they all mean... my wife gets mad too everytime I bring up that I want to do an upgrade... it took me a while to convince her to let me trade in my 08 mountianeer for the wrx... I just told her that it will get better mpg's and I would have a cheaper car payment... it does get slightly better mpg's cause the suv was a V8 and awd as opposed to my turboed awd 4cy car...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

okay - i'm allowed one "noob" question, right? i searched quite a bit but i couldn't find one place where the "eye" analogy is fully explained. the terminology sticky above says,

All those "eye" threads:
    Blob, Bug, Hawk and Stink eyes--these are associated with the perceived look of the headlights and front fascia of the different body styles.

but doesn't give any years based on those "eyes." so

1992-2000 =
    2001-2003 = bug eye
    2004-2005 = blob eye
    2006-2007 =
    2008-2011+ =

(or is 2006 the same as 2008? the body styles are different, but the "eyes" are pretty close)

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club John!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

ugh... nevermind. i just found these:

06's- Eagle Eye Entourage

Let's do this again! 06's, what are we called?

please ignore this question! sorry for bringing it up! excuse me while i duck for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club John!
    thanks 04.SPT.WRX, i'll try to be good. =)