Fng

This is a discussion on Fng within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not new to forums by any means but am new to the wrx. I am stationed in japan and saw ...

Fng

Not new to forums by any means but am new to the wrx. I am stationed in japan and saw a 00 impreza wrx for sale (2002 for state side people) bought it and actually like it lol so looking for so things to di to it that I can take off after my tour and put on a car at home.

So far the plan is
    intake
    exhaust
    suspension
    turbo timer

intake is on it's way and I think I found my exhaust but debating what suspension to go with. I need a full set up so I can take it on and off easy (inspections here can be a *****) so I was debating coilovers or a used setup from someone.

Eh that's all for now I need to do some more research

oh does anyone know how to read these damn engine tags I need to verify a few things

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. A jdm Rex would be a sick score.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    Welcome. A jdm Rex would be a sick score.
    Yea it's fairly nice there is an ap fan switch supposed to go to something in the rear hell if I know what lol needs a few paint touch ups and speaks and a head unit but for $6,000 I can't complain

Sorry I am trying to do everything from phone phone. My compute is in pieces lol but pics

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i would skip the turbo timer. with our cars we really dont need one & i'd hate to see you spend money on it if it's not a necessity.

1) get a catless uppipe ASAP.
    2) turbo back exhaust
    3) engine management/tune
    4) enjoy :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i would skip the turbo timer. with our cars we really dont need one & i'd hate to see you spend money on it if it's not a necessity.

1) get a catless uppipe ASAP.
    2) turbo back exhaust
    3) engine management/tune
    4) enjoy :]
    I think the exhaust I am looking at it catless turbo back. I can't get a tune over here and I not sure if wanna deal with an engine management over here. Is the aem system decent?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In that case I would get the catless tbe and a catless uppipe. For your model (at least in the USA em is not required just recommend to get the most power)

unfortunately i'm not familiar with the aem system. Hopefully someone else will chime in

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

that color looks almost pink. that's pretty wild, must be the camera/lighting
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_cky View Post
    that color looks almost pink. that's pretty wild, must be the camera/lighting
    Sadly yes bad lighting and crappy camera on my phone but it is orange but sun beat to crap (sun is hot around here) needs clay bar and a buff but we shall see.

Odered a boost gauge and a pillar pod (finding one for a rhd was easier than I though)

I need to monitor boost levels. Car lags so ****in bad... Being an auto doesn't help but there is zero power till like 3500 rpms. Hoping the intake and exhaust will clear some of that up too.

Been doing some research found out apparently I have better brakes than y'all I will confirm this when I pull them to change the pads and rotors.

Um..... **** there was something else I was gonna say but I lost it. Any advice y'all have I would love to hear. Is there a "power programer" type of thing. Sorry I can think tonight... Like I can't really get a decent tuner here and my tuner is in stl so that's an issue can I plug something in and change things (like deisel trucks kinda deal) something with maybe preloaded tunes or something? Also if there is something can I transfer this to a different car? (like when I get home) that's all for now

Quote Originally Posted by 00jdmwrx View Post

Um..... **** there was something else I was gonna say but I lost it. Any advice y'all have I would love to hear. Is there a "power programer" type of thing. Sorry I can think tonight... Like I can't really get a decent tuner here and my tuner is in stl so that's an issue can I plug something in and change things (like deisel trucks kinda deal) something with maybe preloaded tunes or something? Also if there is something can I transfer this to a different car? (like when I get home) that's all for now
    A Cobb Accessport might be what you are looking for. I'm not sure of they make them for JDM WRX'S or not, though.
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by momo02WRX View Post
    A Cobb Accessport might be what you are looking for. I'm not sure of they make them for JDM WRX'S or not, though.
    Yea that's what I am afraid of. Can you transfer it from car to car? Like if I buy it for the car here I wanna be able to use it on the car at home

edit:http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3264

usdm only
    Last edited by 00jdmwrx; 05-07-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00jdmwrx View Post
    Yea that's what I am afraid of. Can you transfer it from car to car? Like if I buy it for the car here I wanna be able to use it on the car at home

edit:http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3264

usdm only
    damn, too bad
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

So while putting in the amp kit I came across a pleasent surprise

is this on the usdm models as well? It's under the rear seat and mounted nicely