New guy here/STi enthustiast

This is a discussion on New guy here/STi enthustiast within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello to all! Brand new to the ClubWRX world. Wanted to introduce myself and start a dialogue about a current ...

New guy here/STi enthustiast

Hello to all!

Brand new to the ClubWRX world. Wanted to introduce myself and start a dialogue about a current STi that I am looking into buying, and get some feedback. Currently, I don't own an STi, but have been a huge fan of them since 2004, and have been waiting patiently to have the means to get into one. I'm now ready to buy, and have begun looking at a couple. The one I'm most interested in is as follows:

2006 STi in the classic Blue
    Aftermarket rims/tires

Stock engine (except for Blow-off valve--not sure if that's stock?)
    Few dents and dings, but nothing serious
    53K Miles
    Asking price: $23,995
    Clean Carfax/Title

Edmunds TMV rates this vehicle's retail value at around $19,500, while KBB rates it around $25k. Clearly a huge discrepancy. I wanted to get some feedback from those who are owners, are familiar with new and used prices, and compile some opinions on what I should be considering is fair to pay. No better source than fellow STi fanatics.

Thanks to all who contribute. Excited to be part of the STi family and use this site often for great information and ideas!

MM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome - I is it a private party? Do they have the all of the service records and do you know what kind of rims that it is coming with? I personally feel that 24K is a little high for that I got an 07 with 24,000 miles last year for like 26.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2005 View Post
    Welcome - I is it a private party? Do they have the all of the service records and do you know what kind of rims that it is coming with? I personally feel that 24K is a little high for that I got an 07 with 24,000 miles last year for like 26.
    It is offered on consignment at a dealer. Essentially, someone is using the dealership to sell the vehicle for them. Service/Upgrade records are complete. No serious engine upgrades, other than the BOV. The rims I believe are ENKEI, but I can't be sure. They're gunmetal in color, 10-spoke. (I know, no help) 17".

Depending on the dents and dings I would tell them I would be willing to pay 19k out the door. If they try to give you **** just tell them that this is a want and not a need. Because, once they see you don't need the car the power is in your court when about talking price. Don't be afraid to spend 5-6 hours at the dealership and then leave empty handed. I used this tactic when working the dealer on my STi and it worked. I threatened to walk out twice on them if they did not want to play ball. It took about three days total but they came around and met my price.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC