Soon to be rex'd
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Soon to be rex'd within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What up party people, I was fortunate enough to get t-boned in my Acura a couple weeks ago and am ...

  1. #1
    Registered User GrtScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    113

    Cool Soon to be rex'd

    What up party people,

    I was fortunate enough to get t-boned in my Acura a couple weeks ago and am going to use this opportunity to get the car I've been drooling over for the last year or so.

    I'm planning on leasing a 2010 Impreza WRX and have been doing nothing but research on them. Mainly though... I've been doing research on all the ways a salesmen tries to scam you.

    I've already been trolling this site for a while and finally got around to registering.

    Hope to learn much about the community.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Wellcome... if I were you id buy the car instead of leasing it... cause I know you'll end up likein it so much that you'll buy it anyway... and also if you plan on modifing it as well... read the stickies about mods and tuning and enjoy the site...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  4. #3
    Registered User Dark WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    43.60081, -116.202681
    Posts
    260
    welcome. update us with pics once you obtain your 10.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

  5. #4
    Registered User GrtScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    113
    Alright... I'll skip the boring parts of my journey and just say that I have down graded from the WRX to a plain ol' 2.5i.

    I found one this morning in Texas (I am in Los Angeles) on Carmax.com. $14,999 - 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Hatch with only 17,000 miles on it. Transfer fee of $599. KBB appraises at $17,000 while NADA is at $16,500. Edmonds TMV comes in at $15,500. Carfax shows a clean report but that it was listed as a fleet vehicle/loaner/rental car but nothing else. So even with the transfer fee I feel like it is a pretty good deal.

    I've already paid the $599 to have the vehicle transfered here and they have pulled the car off their site so... looks like I'm about to have a "new-to-me" car.

    My logic for the 2.5i is that as long as I stay right side up on the loan I could always sell the car in the event my financial situaiton changes and I want to upgrade to the WRX or STI. My company is always having financial issues and my misses and I have been toying with the idea of moving to the beach. Having all my "extra" money going towards the car just didn't seem to make sense to me.

    But hey... at 170 hp it's still more powerful than my old Acura or my misses Pontiac so I won't be too sad.

    The best part is... I can get rid of this POS:


  6. #5
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtScott
    The best part is... I can get rid of this POS:
    I didn't know you had a v-j-j
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  7. #6
    Registered User GrtScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    113
    Hahaha... I didn't either. My wife does keep my balls in her purse though. I like to call it my ball satchel.

  8. #7
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I didn't know you had a v-j-j
    ;rotfl:... lol... I like vw's except the 1.8T's with their eleteric problems... I wouldn't mind having a GLI or GTI as a cruiser car... or even a TDI jetta would be nice for the MPG's...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  9. #8
    Registered User GrtScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    113
    There is nothing good about the Cabrio.

  10. #9
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtScott View Post
    There is nothing good about the Cabrio.
    It could be worse there is a guy at my work that drives a birght yellow bug... and he says and I quoat "its not a gay car its my car" and I simply respond with "yeah... my point exactlally"...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  11. #10
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtScott
    There is nothing good about the Cabrio.
    Chicks think it's "cute" - but you're married, so that's a moot point
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #11
    Registered User GrtScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    "its not a gay car its my car"
    Hahaha... I should make a bumper sticker for it!

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtScott View Post
    Alright... I'll skip the boring parts of my journey and just say that I have down graded from the WRX to a plain ol' 2.5i.

    I found one this morning in Texas (I am in Los Angeles) on Carmax.com. $14,999 - 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Hatch with only 17,000 miles on it. Transfer fee of $599. KBB appraises at $17,000 while NADA is at $16,500. Edmonds TMV comes in at $15,500. Carfax shows a clean report but that it was listed as a fleet vehicle/loaner/rental car but nothing else. So even with the transfer fee I feel like it is a pretty good deal.

    I've already paid the $599 to have the vehicle transfered here and they have pulled the car off their site so... looks like I'm about to have a "new-to-me" car.

    My logic for the 2.5i is that as long as I stay right side up on the loan I could always sell the car in the event my financial situaiton changes and I want to upgrade to the WRX or STI. My company is always having financial issues and my misses and I have been toying with the idea of moving to the beach. Having all my "extra" money going towards the car just didn't seem to make sense to me.

    But hey... at 170 hp it's still more powerful than my old Acura or my misses Pontiac so I won't be too sad.

    The best part is... I can get rid of this POS:

    The 2.5I will be a sweet car as Subaru makes nice cars. One thing you will have going for you over the WRX and STI's is MPG. As much as I like my 2010 WRX, my mileage is terrible- 17-19 driving light footed. Highway MPG especially disappointing- not a 75-80 cruiser, more of a 0-60 "sprint" car.

  14. #13
    Registered User STi-Guy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtScott View Post
    Alright... I'll skip the boring parts of my journey and just say that I have down graded from the WRX to a plain ol' 2.5i.

    I found one this morning in Texas (I am in Los Angeles) on Carmax.com. $14,999 - 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Hatch with only 17,000 miles on it. Transfer fee of $599. KBB appraises at $17,000 while NADA is at $16,500. Edmonds TMV comes in at $15,500. Carfax shows a clean report but that it was listed as a fleet vehicle/loaner/rental car but nothing else. So even with the transfer fee I feel like it is a pretty good deal.

    I've already paid the $599 to have the vehicle transfered here and they have pulled the car off their site so... looks like I'm about to have a "new-to-me" car.

    My logic for the 2.5i is that as long as I stay right side up on the loan I could always sell the car in the event my financial situaiton changes and I want to upgrade to the WRX or STI. My company is always having financial issues and my misses and I have been toying with the idea of moving to the beach. Having all my "extra" money going towards the car just didn't seem to make sense to me.

    But hey... at 170 hp it's still more powerful than my old Acura or my misses Pontiac so I won't be too sad.

    The best part is... I can get rid of this POS:



    I'm a car salesman, and take it from my experience, at some point during the purchase of a vehicle, you WILL be upside down in it. That's just the way things go. Purchase the car outright, and accept the fact that every person in this country that is paying for a car has, or has had negative equity. Its just the way it goes man. I think the national average for an overage on your lease mileage is $.18 per mile. If you sign up for a 12k mile per year lease, and put 15k on it each year, times 36 months, you will owe $1620 at the end of your lease. So, take that into consideration. Plus, you pay for any scratches, dents, dings, cracked windows, etc. It sounds better at first b/c of the lower interest rates, which result in lower payments....but it is another way for the dealerships to make money. They expect you to return a car in brand new condition, which isn't possible after 3 years of ownership. Just food for thought man, I would stick with the purchase...at least it will be YOURS one day.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

    304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

  15. #14
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STi-Guy85 View Post
    I'm a car salesman, and take it from my experience, at some point during the purchase of a vehicle, you WILL be upside down in it. That's just the way things go. Purchase the car outright, and accept the fact that every person in this country that is paying for a car has, or has had negative equity. Its just the way it goes man. I think the national average for an overage on your lease mileage is $.18 per mile. If you sign up for a 12k mile per year lease, and put 15k on it each year, times 36 months, you will owe $1620 at the end of your lease. So, take that into consideration. Plus, you pay for any scratches, dents, dings, cracked windows, etc. It sounds better at first b/c of the lower interest rates, which result in lower payments....but it is another way for the dealerships to make money. They expect you to return a car in brand new condition, which isn't possible after 3 years of ownership. Just food for thought man, I would stick with the purchase...at least it will be YOURS one day.
    I'm with him on this one. Leases are for idiots, plain and simple. You're renting a car for a set amount of time, is all you're doing. Throwing money away with nothing to show for it. It's like renting/leasing an apartment, you throw money away for the use of property that isn't and won't ever be, yours.

    If you can you should be purchasing this car with at least enough of a down payment to make even with the value of the car after purchase. Ideally, you should be paying cash straight up for the vehicle.

    Honestly, the smart thing to be doing is purchasing an older, gently used vehicle with cash, but that's not always possible. Beware the glitter of gold dude, patience will pay off more in the end.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  16. #15
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    a lease is for an idiot, except someone that trades in their car for a new one every year or two.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •