New to subaru

This is a discussion on New to subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone Im new to the site and im also new to subaru's. Im planning on buying a subaru, its ...

New to subaru

Hi everyone Im new to the site and im also new to subaru's.
    Im planning on buying a subaru, its either the wrx or the sti. I wanted to ask ya what is the advantage and disadvantage between these two cars. i know the features but what i want to know is how the drive is, the handling, the power..etc. please help me decide on what is best. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterz View Post
    please help me decide on what is best. thanks
    we really cant help you do that unfortunately.

deciding what's best depends on a few different factors

1) your budget for the vehicle
    2) how much you're willing to dish out for insurance
    3) what your overall goals are for the car [ie: autocross, rally, drag racing, daily driving, weekend car, etc]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome! That is a hard question to answer. wrxtreme06 hit the nail on the head. That being said this question was asked many times and there are threads on it. Also just start reading across the forum to collect information to fit what you want and need (and there is plenty of info here)
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

+1

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say if you can afford it,get the STI.Still one of the best performance cars made for the money.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I'd say if you can afford it,get the STI.Still one of the best performance cars made EDIT: period.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterz View Post
    please help me decide on what is best. thanks
    Prior to 08 I prefer the WRX because I feel it is the best road car of the two.

After 08 the WRX STi was either improved to become a better road car, or worsened to become a lesser track car, depending on how unrealistic one is about just how frequently the car gets taken to a road course.

The body style on 08+ STi cars is improved, as there were no 5 door STis offered before that whereas one could get a WRX wagon.

Incremental changes, mostly considered improvements, were made to each chassis and driveline over the years across the range. Get the newest car you can afford (and by that I mean afford to insure and run, not just buy -- ask your agent first).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

sorry guys i was out of town, thanks you guys for the information. well, either one of those is fine on my budget. I checked with the auto insurance already. sorry but I meant to ask in a comparsion of how the car drives between those two, for example i want to know how the impreza wrx owners think of how there car runs and how the ipreza wrx STi owners thing of there ride. i live in the mid west in wisconsin and over here is hot and cold so Im looking for something where i can drive daily for the summer and winter. im single of coures i also want go fast. i dont have any future plans for it, just because i like the factory quality. maybe just some bolt on mods but i dont want to go any where that will cost me more cash.