Im new
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Im new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yo what up im new and i drive a yellow 02 Wrx. Give me some tips!...

Im new

Yo what up im new and i drive a yellow 02 Wrx.

Give me some tips!
    Whats wrong with a yellow car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Read the Stickies at the tops of the various forums for most FAQs.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    Welcome,

Start Here:> FAQ - Support Threads <

And Here: First Modifications - what to do and not to do

And don't forget to utilize the all powerful "Search" option up there on top.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

Welcome to the subaru family... read the link below that was posted about first mods what to do and what not to do. It will answer pretty much any question you will have and is great information...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Welcome, and one tip would be never try to street race a cop.

just kidding. Read the stickies bro, and ask plenty of questions.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

One thing I can't stress enough to newbies, is research, research, research. If you want to buy a part, make SURE (ask us or search) it is appropriate for your vehicle and modding path and that you have all of the needed information to make an informed decision.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

mmm. yellow. I need pictures.

Oh and welcome
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I will get pic of the car up on here as soon as i can. I already have a catback exhaust syatem on this bad boy, new rims and tires and the secondary roof spoiler, im looking to get a black sti spoiler to put on or a new carbon fiber trunk. what do u think i should do?

Also im looking to get a downpipe and a blow off valve, any recomendations on to which ones i should get for a relatively low price???

thanks for the help!

^ stay away from the bov bro. Anyone here will say the same. The problem with a bov is it throws off the metered air, and so the engine will run too rich: causing a sort of bucking. If you're really stuck on a bov then look into a complete recirculating. I have a Perrin, and it works relatively well, but definitely stay away from VTA. Also, Invidia makes awesome down pipes.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    ^ stay away from the bov bro. Anyone here will say the same. The problem with a bov is it throws off the metered air, and so the engine will run too rich: causing a sort of bucking. If you're really stuck on a bov then look into a complete recirculating. I have a Perrin, and it works relatively well, but definitely stay away from VTA. Also, Invidia makes awesome down pipes.
    A bov venting to atmosphere shouldn't be an issue if you plan on getting tuned once you have your DP, I've been running a turboxs rfl bov with no problems for a long time on my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9402 View Post
    A bov venting to atmosphere shouldn't be an issue if you plan on getting tuned once you have your DP, I've been running a turboxs rfl bov with no problems for a long time on my tune.
    Read this info on bovs. Very important.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...foramtion.html
    Hawkeye Alliance#208

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX
    A properly adjusted valve that doesn't leak will not be that bad. It will most likely draw looks without the balls to back it up from Subaru owners and overall undesirable attention (e.g., street racers), but it's not going to damage his vehicle.

Ultimately, it's his vehicle and his choice. If he wants one for the sound, he is free to do it. There are better ways to spend his money if he's looking for performance, however...

An uppipe, for example, should be the first thing on his "to-do" list:
    Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thats exactly why joined here is to get some helpful tips! thanks for the input guys, and yeah an up pipe is on my to do list but im thinking about getting a downpipe nd completing my exhaust then ill get and up pipe, but i really want to drop my car a few inches. any thoughts on how low? i dont use my car to race i use it to show off and to be very loud and piss off the cops=) and i have loved subarus ever since i was a kid which wasnt that long ago haha.

also what do u think about a blac sti spoiler?? should i put one on my car or get a carbon fiber trunk? there is so much wanna do but im kinda on a budget right now! anything helps guys

ill post some pics of my car later to give u a better look at my ride.

and also one last thing, clutch, i need to get one! wats ur thoughts on that

I Support ClubWRX
    Yellows are rad.. To bad mine wasnt blaze yellow

welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.