hey whats up?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey whats up? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey all! i'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself! i'm new to Subaru's but not to ...

hey whats up?

hey all! i'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself! i'm new to Subaru's but not to cars haha! well.... newer ones. i've owned a 1986 t2 rx7, currently own a 1989 turbo supra as a weekend car and current daily is a 2005 corolla as a gas saver.
    just wondering i know its a Subaru forum but when purchasing one what should i be looking for or wary of that might be a common problem among these cars? i'm looking primarily to purchase a wagon wrx for winter time/ daily due to a friend's truck breaking down we need a new car to lug up to mammoth so any information would be greatly appreciated! and i plan to be an avid customer to this site and the community!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It really depends on the year model you're looking at.

Welcome... the 02 and 03's with the 5speed has had some issues... if your gonna buy 1 look for a stock car with a clean car fax history... look for 1 with a full service history and have a mechanic look at it... they are great cars and if they are maintained to spec and treated well it will last you forever...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

hey thanks for the replies! but again it does not really matter to me what year so far but i've done a little reading and it seems the early 06 have some issues with motor mounts? and the 07's with some ecu problems? but i'm looking for a wagon type again and preferably an auto because its a long drive to mammoth and i'm the only one among my friends who know how to drive stick. however if it is a problem with autos i can always just suck it up and go stick haha but it will become my daily so i would also like to keep that in mind. thanks!

I haven't heard anything about motor mount issues, but I have heard bout the 07's weird tuning problems.... id assume that none of these would be that bad of an issue as long as you get a diecent tune and don't romp on the gas 24/7... id personally go for the manual especially with the 2.0 so it won't lag out as bad... but anyways good luck hunting....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I haven't heard anything about motor mount issues, but I have heard bout the 07's weird tuning problems.... id assume that none of these would be that bad of an issue as long as you get a diecent tune and don't romp on the gas 24/7... id personally go for the manual especially with the 2.0 so it won't lag out as bad... but anyways good luck hunting....

'06s had plastic motor mounts. They switched back to metal for the MY07s.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    '06s had plastic motor mounts. They switched back to metal for the MY07s.
    Ohh damn.. if I have a problem then ill look into some metal ones...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Ohh damn.. if I have a problem then ill look into some metal ones...
    well at least i sorta helped you with that! haha and thanks for all the help! and probably now considering going standard trans now haha i can suffer through it

Quote Originally Posted by mizuboi View Post
    well at least i sorta helped you with that! haha and thanks for all the help! and probably now considering going standard trans now haha i can suffer through it
    Allright sounds good... if there isn't that much traffic you can always stay in a lower gear and use cruise control...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Welcome. I own an 07, and haven't had any problems with my ECU. I had it tuned so I will be sure to update if I ever do have any probs.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Hey thanks for the reply! Yea keep me mosted with that and does anyone know of any long term defects with the my05-7? Like if the trans is weak or if these engines are prone to BHG? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.