What is the exact definition of a launch?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What is the exact definition of a launch? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hear a lot on the forums about launching your WRX and how it is punishing to the drive train ...

What is the exact definition of a launch?

I hear a lot on the forums about launching your WRX and how it is punishing to the drive train of the vehicle.

I understand the idea of reving the motor and dropping the clutch, but at what RPM's does it become launching?

Thanks gang!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you drop the clutch and your car bogs down or the wheels spin, you aren't launching. You'll know if you had a good launch.
    05/07 PSM VF43 WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #84 // Wingl3ssAlli@nce
    flickr
    facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    Has nothing to do with hitting a certain RPM to be called launching. Some cars launch better at a certain RPM than others Modern Racer - Driving Tips - Drag Racing Launch Techniques Its just a term used since the beginning of drag racing to describe the act of the start of moving a vehicle from a dead stop rapidly.
    Last edited by Donkey; 04-21-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.