Your Input Would Be Appreciated...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Your Input Would Be Appreciated... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am new to the Forum... I have an 04 WRX Wagon (white) with 85K on it. The car is ...

Your Input Would Be Appreciated...

I am new to the Forum...

I have an 04 WRX Wagon (white) with 85K on it.

The car is from Salt Lake City and i am the 3rd owner.

The exterior of the vehicle is 99% and the interior is likewise.

Here is my issue....

I have been saving up to go stage 2 with a Cobb Turbo back (catted) and a Turbo XS Up Pipe (currently stock), but I am apprehensive as the vehicle has some rust on the rear suspension parts, several of the suspension bolts and the rear brake parts.

Because I am new to Subaru's (Toyota guy for 20 years) I am not sure if the amount of rust I have on Wagon is normal for snow country, and if I should invest the 2K to go stage 2 with this vehicle. I am apprehensive to invest in the vehicle with the rust, but maybe the amount of rust I have is not an issue and indicative of Subaru's

Your input is appreciated!

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4170113.jpg   P4170114.jpg   P4170115.jpg   P4170116.jpg   P4170117.jpg  

P4170118.jpg   P4170119.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't consider any of that concerning. Looks like a normal amount of surface oxidation for a vehicle of that year from snow/salt country. If it really bothers you you can wire brush it, and use a good rust primer and paint.

Congrats, and don't let a little brown metal prevent you from enjoying your car. I'm still a Toyota guy since I also have a 4runner, but I'd love to have an early 80's pick up, or an FJ45 instead.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Thank you for the reply!

I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't really look like anything serious. Maybe some time with a paint removing wheel on your drill and a couple cans of rustoleum can't fix and prevent

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Damon V View Post
    Thank you for the reply!
    No problem, about the only problem you might encounter would be seized bolts if/when you remove them. Just blast them with penetrating lube well before hand.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Thanks!

I just sold the FJ 80 and my Carolla with 250K!

Thanks guys!

Just for your info, for 2k you can go with a vf43, vf39 setup. Just look around nasioc.

My vf43 setup costed me 1,500.00

included:

Modded injectors to 550cc
    STI TMIC
    vf43
    Sti UP
    3" turboback exhaust
    Cobb AP2(costed me 600 bucks) But it's always good to have this for our cars.

Pushing 283 280

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.