Noob and in the market for an STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noob and in the market for an STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello... I'm looking to get into an STi. I need something 4 door and AWD should get me around good ...

Noob and in the market for an STi

Hello... I'm looking to get into an STi. I need something 4 door and AWD should get me around good in the snow I suppose. Plus, I need a fast little car for dealing with my commute everyday.
    So, I would like to find out some info on these and get schooled a little bit. What model years are best and are there any known problems? Naturally I want to find a low mileage car but how many miles is too much for these and how reliable are the engines and transmissions? Are the interiors roomy with alot of leg and head room ? I'm 6'2 at about 300# so I need some space.. Any other info I need to know before purchasing ? Thanks for the help !

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont know a whole lot about these cars, but ill tell you what i know till some one more experienced chimes in.

The STi's come with a 6speed where as the wrx's come with a 5speed tranny. the sti also has a bigger turbo, injectors motor and better suspension and so on.

and p.s im 6'3 and i fit into my 02 wrx perfectly fine and people still have room to sit behind me.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

Really depends on what your price range is. Personally I would say ANY WRX/STI is a very good make. Definitely stay away from a modified vehicle.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    Really depends on what your price range is. Personally I would say ANY WRX/STI is a very good make. Definitely stay away from a modified vehicle.
    Price range of 15,000- 20,000

If you're really confirmed on wanting an STI then for that price you might look for an 04-05. Very good years, and like I was just try an steer clear of a modified vehicle.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    If you're really confirmed on wanting an STI then for that price you might look for an 04-05. Very good years, and like I was just try an steer clear of a modified vehicle.
    Unmolested vehicles are extremely hard to find. It seems that anyone who has one, has it for a reason and mods it..LOL The question is finding the right one with the basics.. Plus, that will save me from having to do it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    In my opinion the STi is a great car to pick up. Your price range seems good for a '04/'05, don't know how much the '06s and above will go for. I hear good things about the STis 6 speed transmission as well. I think you'd love it (based off the criteria you've given)
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.