A few tmic questions.

This is a discussion on A few tmic questions. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm currently running my 2010 wrx at stage one from perrin with a spt CBE i'd like to keep increasing ...

Question A few tmic questions.

I'm currently running my 2010 wrx at stage one from perrin with a spt CBE i'd like to keep increasing hp so i figured my next steps should be a TMIC and a TBE then stage two. Is that the way to go? I'm new at this modding thing but i'm hooked! PERRIn or PROCESS WEST for TMIC? any suggestions for TBE? WIll that be a major headache everytime i go to the dealer in terms of running my car with a TBE after i reflash back to stock? how soon should i reflash before bringing it in. ANy advice is appreciated thank u.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    In order to reflash back to stock you would have to remove the TBE. A TMIC isn't necessary but would help if you had a custom tune.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Are you talking about reflashing to take it for it's services? If so, I'm not sure that it is necessary to have to do that. I have a complete Stage 2 and I haven't changed anything when I take it to get serviced.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Only time you would need to change it back is if you are getting work done on your engine due to you having problems. It's then that they'd check the computer and find out it's been "messed with." Which then they can deny your warranty and then you have to pay for repairs.

But if you are taking it in for normal maintenance or having something like say bumper repaired or something...then no they have no reason to look at your EM and check.

My dealership/service repair told me that as long as what I've changed hasn't effected the part that's bad, there's no problem. So if I went with a stage one map and I got a hold in my muffler (SPT exhaust say) theren't no "real" connection between the two even if they checked and it'd still be covered under warranty.

You should be able to find a used STi TMIC in pretty good shape for quite a bit less than a Perrin or Process West. But it your choice man.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by benson156
    You should be able to find a used STi TMIC in pretty good shape for quite a bit less than a Perrin or Process West. But it your choice man.
    But the Perrin / Process West TMICs are a lot better. You can find used aftermarket TMICs for $400; If you're willing to spend more than $200, you'd be better off saving that money for another month until you can afford the aftermarket one.

With a quality aftermarket TMIC, you'll have faster spool, more power everywhere, and a safer tune.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC