Mod fever - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mod fever within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some of my parts got in before I finalized the sale on my car. The only remedy for mod fever ...

Some of my parts got in before I finalized the sale on my car. The only remedy for mod fever is a nice shot of upgrading.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samdust View Post
    i have 2000 miles on mine and i bought it a few weeks ago. i...must...have...exhaust...!!! i hope these cars are reliable cause im about to say say screw warranty
    Just keep the oem parts. if you have a problem then you can just put them back on.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ps: all of the threads you create are in the new member hangout. feel free to post in other sections of the forum. (like engine modification section)
    Haha I guess Im just still feelin like a newb.. but I have learned a lot over the past few weeks thanks to all you wonderful people

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    0 miles.
    That rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    The only remedy for mod fever is a nice shot of upgrading.
    Then lets get it done!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Peachypumpkincheeks

I've been waiting for almost 5 years.

Bought the car in Oct '05 with 28k on the odo. Now I'm at 76k, and ready to go to Stage II!

Can't believe I waited so long! Guess I'm hesitant because once I start I don't know if I'll be able to stop! And pouring money into your car has little pay off...other than spirited driving!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    I modded my first WRX...when I purchased my second, I told everyone I was going to leave it stock. That lasted a couple of months. Now, 4 years later, I've done an engine swap, 18G, etc.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I had my car for like 6 years before I went stage 2. I had no clue this little world of modifications existed. Luckily a friend introduced me. Be careful though it is addictive as hell.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Question Dumb question

Hi, I'm fresh as to this site. Can someone tell me what stage 1 and stage 2 refer to?

Thanks

Sure Jarrod-- I just recently learned myself. Feel free to correct me or add to my answer anybody

Basically, a tuning company called Cobb makes this device called an Access Port. It connects to the computer in your car and reprograms it for different types of performance.
    Stage 1 and Stage 2 refer to different maps that you can install in your car from the access port, the main difference being that stage 1 requires no additional parts (i.e. you just buy the AP and install the map in your otherwise stock car to see an increase in performance) and then stage 2 would go beyond that with a new map and the purchase of an exhaust system. The one I was looking at is a cobb TBE which stands for turbo back exhaust. It is a little more expensive, but comes with a downpipe.

Anyway, you are about where I was a few weeks ago-- Just keep reading the forums and ask anything! Be sure to check the stickied threads for the most commonly asked questions. Enjoy!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would like to add that you don't have to use an accessport. You can do opensource stage 1 and 2 maps. (you can do it yourself w a laptop or take it to a tuner in your area)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.