Mod fever - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mod fever within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some of my parts got in before I finalized the sale on my car. The only remedy for mod fever ...

Some of my parts got in before I finalized the sale on my car. The only remedy for mod fever is a nice shot of upgrading.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samdust View Post
    i have 2000 miles on mine and i bought it a few weeks ago. i...must...have...exhaust...!!! i hope these cars are reliable cause im about to say say screw warranty
    Just keep the oem parts. if you have a problem then you can just put them back on.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ps: all of the threads you create are in the new member hangout. feel free to post in other sections of the forum. (like engine modification section)
    Haha I guess Im just still feelin like a newb.. but I have learned a lot over the past few weeks thanks to all you wonderful people

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    0 miles.
    That rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    The only remedy for mod fever is a nice shot of upgrading.
    Then lets get it done!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Peachypumpkincheeks

I've been waiting for almost 5 years.

Bought the car in Oct '05 with 28k on the odo. Now I'm at 76k, and ready to go to Stage II!

Can't believe I waited so long! Guess I'm hesitant because once I start I don't know if I'll be able to stop! And pouring money into your car has little pay off...other than spirited driving!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    I modded my first WRX...when I purchased my second, I told everyone I was going to leave it stock. That lasted a couple of months. Now, 4 years later, I've done an engine swap, 18G, etc.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I had my car for like 6 years before I went stage 2. I had no clue this little world of modifications existed. Luckily a friend introduced me. Be careful though it is addictive as hell.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Question Dumb question

Hi, I'm fresh as to this site. Can someone tell me what stage 1 and stage 2 refer to?

Thanks

Sure Jarrod-- I just recently learned myself. Feel free to correct me or add to my answer anybody

Basically, a tuning company called Cobb makes this device called an Access Port. It connects to the computer in your car and reprograms it for different types of performance.
    Stage 1 and Stage 2 refer to different maps that you can install in your car from the access port, the main difference being that stage 1 requires no additional parts (i.e. you just buy the AP and install the map in your otherwise stock car to see an increase in performance) and then stage 2 would go beyond that with a new map and the purchase of an exhaust system. The one I was looking at is a cobb TBE which stands for turbo back exhaust. It is a little more expensive, but comes with a downpipe.

Anyway, you are about where I was a few weeks ago-- Just keep reading the forums and ask anything! Be sure to check the stickied threads for the most commonly asked questions. Enjoy!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would like to add that you don't have to use an accessport. You can do opensource stage 1 and 2 maps. (you can do it yourself w a laptop or take it to a tuner in your area)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12