Burning oil
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Burning oil within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My car is burning oil somewhere. There are no obvious signs ie:smoke when vehicle is first started, oil spots on ...

Burning oil

My car is burning oil somewhere. There are no obvious signs ie:smoke when vehicle is first started, oil spots on the ground...etc.
    Every 1500miles or so it is a noticeable loss on the oil dip stick.
    Now, I have noticed an area around my turbo that looks like there is oil that is sweating out. I tried searching for the part name but could not find it so I will try my best to describe it.

Its a rubber hose/fitting that is located at the top of the turbo. There seems to be a small, flat plastic fitting on top of rubber fitting.

Im taking a guess that it could be an inner seal in the turbo that is causing the leak around this fitting.

I am wanting to do a few new mods on my car: Up-pipe, Cobb AP, but wondering if this is normal or if I should get it taken care of before I spend the money on mods?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I just found an old Thread talking about loss of oil.
    It said that its due to the turbo burning oil which is normal.

Is this correct?
    Last edited by Wagonlvr; 04-12-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Research done

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    How much is a noticeable loss?

Anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/2 QT. Depends on my driving.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's pretty normal. Up to 1 qt between regular oil changes is considered acceptable to Subaru.

Though, oil won't 'sweat' out. If it's there, there is likely a leak.
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-12-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Ok cool. Im ok about the burning oil thing now.
    I hate oil leaks!
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.