new here

This is a discussion on new here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey new to this forum and to subaru's. Currently don't have one but been looking to get another car and ...

new here

Hey new to this forum and to subaru's. Currently don't have one but been looking to get another car and get rid of my truck and have fell in love with subaru's. I've been into cars since I was a kid been working on them my whole life, used to have a truck i lifted, then had a mustang that i built the motor in and now its time for me to get another car. Anyways I'm a broke college student and really lookin to get something under $4500, locally theres a few mid to late 90s impreza's which I would be happy with but I would want to turbo the car or swap in a new motor with turbo, please remember I'm very new to this scene I was raised around muscle cars so the turbo 4 banger thing is new to me but I love it so far. Anyways sorry for being so long winded but I'm really looking to get an impreza, I want a car I can build up as funds allow but need a car that will be reliable and get good gas mileage, any years I need to stay away from or any tips to get me started, thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the forum! you'll find lots of good info here to help you with your decisions.
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

Stay away from modded vehicles. Also check out cars101.com to research some specifics on Soobys. Welcome, and happy hunting.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club!!

Good Luck on your Hunt! In the mean time, you'll find great info here. If you can, I would have the car inspected before you purchase used. I wouldn't buy a modded car as stated above. Just not worth the hassle or headache that can come with!

Enjoy the forums!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES