2 days away from trading RA for a WRX

This is a discussion on 2 days away from trading RA for a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up guys. I'm new to the forum and the reason I'm joining is because I'm trading my 2009 ...

2 days away from trading RA for a WRX

Hey what's up guys. I'm new to the forum and the reason I'm joining is because I'm trading my 2009 lancer ralliart for a 2009 5 speed WRX 5 door hatch in electic blue with premium package. Hopefully if everything goes through with the banks I should be picking it up on Monday evening.

Well as far as my 09 Ralliart I must say it is a great car and a good daily driver. I have the fully loaded RA which comes with NAVI, fosgate sound system, 6 CD changer, TC-SST tranny auto-manual tranny similar to what the EVO MRs and Skyline GTR's have etc etc.

The reason I'm trading in is because I'm looking to put out more power then what the SST tranny can handle right now and I'm also looking for the full control that a manual transmission offers. One of the most important things that influenced my decision is that the WRX has adjustable seats and they are also heated. So I'm turning to the forums now to give me some advice on what type of gains I can make with this car? Is there alot of aftermarket support out there? If so who are the vendors? Also is there any limitations of whp/wtq that the transmission has?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums.

Youll definitely want to read the stickies, and possibly go to cars101.com. Depending on which part you're looking to upgrade will narrow down the make you may want to go with. There are several vendor links throughout the boards. So make you're self at home.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

You can do a lot with the car from what I read. Tranny could be the weak link as you up the HP and torque. I am very happy with the stock performance of the car. I only wish Subaru would put in a 6th gear- I feel it would improve gas mileage on the highway significantly and keep the RPM's down.