Hi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I'm Ron and I live in upstate NY. I have a stock 2005 STi in blue with 4,788 miles ...

Hi

Hi, I'm Ron and I live in upstate NY. I have a stock 2005 STi in blue with 4,788 miles and a 2005 WRX wagon, also in blue, with 55k miles for everyday use. I have a Magnaflow 3" exhaust ready to bolt on the STi (model 16658). Does anybody know what increase in HP I can expect?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums, Ron. Are you talking cat. back or full turbo back (cat. back with a downpipe)?
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Thanks for your reply. The Magnaflow appears to fit from the output of the front cat. so what's that called, half cat? I'd also be looking to put the original 2" STi exhaust from just after the front cat onto my WRX which is also stock 1.5".

Welcome. That's awesome that your STI has such low mileage
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Thanks, it was overpriced but when I saw it was basically brand new I had to splurge. I've wanted one for 4 years but never expected to find one with so few miles. The WRX was a necessary alternative to going nuts during the winter months when I won't be driving the STi. My first Subie was an 88 loyale and my second was a 97 Legacy; these are my third and fourth.

I Support ClubWRX
    @ Waverly being "Upstate"

Oh well, welcome to the club. Not too many people have 2+ turbo'd Subarus in their arsenal
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    your 05 has lower miles than mine!!!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I don't yet know how to respond individually but I guess the person in Albany also thinks of his location as "upstate" so I'll say way "up and over state", on the border of NY and Pa. Thanks for your reply. And the person in Northern Ca: how many miles is on yours and is it an STi? Mine came from LA and I bought it from a fellow's fiancee after he passed away. It came with an almost complete set of manuals and many new parts (some in Subaru boxes like carbon fiber fenders ) and the Magnaflow model 16658 exhaust I'm trying to find answers about. Mine does have a short throw shifter installed so I'll correct myself, mine is almost stock, at the moment.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    your 05 has lower miles than mine!!!
    LOL... how is that possible????

Hello Ron,

Welcome to the Club... enjoy your time here!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

thankx for your reply. I got it from the fiancee of a man who died, was a motor head, and he didn't drive it much. It came with the 3" Magnaflow, which I put on today, and a K&M intake, also put that on today as well. Do a carfax on it, the VIN is JF1GD700665L519453. I was told today that Subaru is extending the original warranty to me because of the low mileage! Gotta love this company, and of course, the cars! Since I didn't get much response to my question about the HP increase I'll guess that total between the two changes might be about 10% or 30 HP; because it is noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.