Any drives around vt????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Any drives around vt???? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its getting really nice up here, and I want to get in on some drives with other enthusiasts! Just upgraded ...

Any drives around vt????

Its getting really nice up here, and I want to get in on some drives with other enthusiasts! Just upgraded the 03 Wagon; Perrin short ram, Perrin full turbo back, Perrin boost cont., Agency power BOV, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

vt

where abouts in vt do you live? I am in southern vt area.

Vt

Hey Rock I live in the Middlebury area. I have an 03 sport wagon, my bro has an 05 Legacy GT hopped up, and my mother, who lives in Manchester/Dorset area has an 02 sport wagon all piped out. If you live around manchester, or bennington area you may have scene hers. its a custom orange, with aftermarket headlights, and is all detaged in the back, with the WRX symbol upfront on the grill where an STi tag would be. Anyway, as you may have realized we are all lovers of the subi's, and the bro and I visit down in that area fairly regularly, (we have other relatives down there too). But yeah if you are from around there I'll let you know the next time im down and we should meet up and go rage around!!! On a ****ty note, unfortunately for me, yesterday I blew out 3rd gear... so hopefully in the next couple weeks it will be back in action. But I literally put on my new intake and exhaust yesterday, and was just out rallying around, and I guess that bolt on 25 ft lbs of torque was just enough to let her go!!!! Anyway, let me know whats up!!!

vt

Sorry about the car. No I think If had seen your mothers ride i would have remebered it. Yeah, I am in Londonderry. I just got my new wrx. Always had the subies just not wrx. Was muscle car till recently. traded a sweet mustang gt convertible for this rex. So far no regrets. Anytime your around just give me a holler. Goin to keep mine stock for the time, mention some mods and the girlfreind rolled her eyes. kinda went crazy with the mustang.

good trade!

Wow yeah, what a difference from the stang! You made the right decision (in my mind). Yeah its hard to keep it stock for too long, although i've gone years until just now. My bro on the other hand, that legacy is probably at about 350 hp, 375 ft lb torque, just a guess. hes gone all out with the access port and everything. But I will certainly drop ya a line man before I head down there next time. Shoot me an E-mail (wesnight@hotmail.com) and I will send my cell # and whatnot. take it easy!

vt drives

will do. amazing power for a legacy. My car's new so gotta be careful with warranty issues and money is tight right now anyways. i work for myself as a stonemason and no one is buying rocks right now. good luck with getting your car back up in running and i will drop you a line when i get a chance. you reach through my website at drcstonedesign.com or stoneart.sover.net

Yeah good call on keeping it stock with the warranty business. I will definatley check out your websites. Its funny, because I work for myself as a carpenter(sub contractor), and luckily we are just starting a house on Lake Dunmore. It was a real ****ty winter for me work wise. luckily I had been on the books for this guy long enough last summer to be able to draw unemployment. I will mentaly send ya the good work vibes man, and get it dialed in. Us people who work with our hands are a unique breed, represent. hehe.

vtdrive.

Yeah, it's a tough time for all of us in the trades right now. Hope we both get a lot of work and the rest of the hardworking people out there. Yep, the wrx is already scary fast and more of a performer then the mustang so i can be content for now. May put catbacks on at some point but not sure. I got a guy over in Claremont, NH who does fantastic exhaust work. did magnaflows on my stang.

YES the exhaust...

I have to say that ever since I had my first Impreza (a 95 wagon) which had a 3" pipe to a supertrapp muffler, hahhahaha, I have been in love with the subaru exhaust note. The Perrin full turbo back sport toned exhaust that I just installed is some of the best money I have ever spent. It makes that little 2.0 sound like an STi (years 02-07). I absolutely love it. everytime the key is turned there is a smile on my face, ahhaha. The downpipe is perrins special system with the diverted wastegate (so where it attaches to the turbo it has two holes instead of one huge one) allowing for no back spin on the turbo and increased throttle response. you should just LOOK into it. hehe.

vt

You very strongly complicate all! There Are more simple decisions!

Listen to Stereophonics music free
    Last edited by Kaliostro; 04-25-2010 at 02:51 AM.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliostro View Post
    You very strongly complicate all! There Are more simple decisions!
    What do you mean we I/we complicate all? The most simplest decision would be to go Perrin all the way. In my mind. But if you dont agree with that solution, then at least get the Perrin downpipe with the waste gate diversion. Then, by going to youtube.com and searching for your car and the key word; exhaust, you can then figure out what exhaust note you enjoy the most and put that on. Or, at least thats what I did, and it worked out very well.

vtdrives

Hey Wes,
    Thanks for the info on the exhaust. Don't have a clue what thatother guy is talkig about as to complicated decisions. Anyways, for now I am staying stock and if i have any extra money I will check with my guy. He put on magnaflows for hardly nothing and i wil see if he has anything he can matchup with. The rex is awesome but i am sorry but that boxer is never going to sound like a stang with flowmasters or magnaflows. Two different animals and as for performance the rex is better for what I want. Every time I get in it I say God I love this car and I never felt anything could replace my mustang. Another nice thing is it is pretty invisible, no more idiots trying to race you.On the day i took it down to the dealer for the trade I was really having doubts and some idiot in a saturn tryed to engage me in a race on 91. I have no clue what he was thinking or all the guys with eclipes,etc. That Mustang was incredibly fast but i am 46 and got most of that out of my system.

haha

Yea Dan, I agree the V8 sound all piped out is something to be reckoned with. So raw and unadulterated. There is a guy with one of those new Shelby GT 500's kickin around my town. On the weekends I see him just cruizin around. I mean Middlebury is not a big place by any means, and I know who he is and whatnot. That thing sounds amazing!!! My bro and I were in the legacy and rallied with him for a little while last summer, he wasnt really beating it too hard because we kept up with him. Where I see that the WR is much better is in Vermont-- becuase we have dirt roads all over, there is not a better feeling than braodsiding my sport wagon around a 90 degree dirt corner, hahahaha. Dont get me wrong, you can do that too with a rear wheel drive vehicle, but the way that you go into and out of the corner is completely different. I wish I had the money to get a RA gear set for mine (with the blown tranny i have been doing alot of looking around to see whats available), or even a 5 speed STi gear set. I too am not looking for speed. Once again we live in VT, theres no point. Now, if i could get my 0-60 down to somewhere in the 3's with a rally gear set (smoking all tires through 3rd gear and a top speed of 100) i could live with that! hahhaa. Oh and about the people trying to race you...Its funny because my mom keeps having that problem down in the manchester area. I think its the custom orange paint, and the exhaust(its probably the loudest WR ive heard). She keeps getting people that just roll up on her and want to race, I told her to just pull over and let them pass. haha. (shes 56). Both you and I have the silver and just like you said, it is invisible; stealth even, hehe.

drives around vt

I was talking about the sound and i totally agree about vt and the dirt roads. I love my rex and as for quickness it is actually quicker to 0-60 over the shelby if you believe motor trend. The stock 2009 shelby 2010 ran 0-60 in 4.6 and this april motor trend ran a 2010 rex wagon at 4.5 to 0-60. It all depends on the driver and the day but they are great little cars that hold there with the rest of the crowd. I loved the mustang but I never felt like it was perfect car for me. the moment i drove my rex home i new it was a long term love affair. everybody has to fine that car that puts a smile on there face and for me that is my rex. Yeah, if i ever see your Mom's ride i am sure i am going to remember it.

haha wow

Wow, thats wild that the rex wagon is is faster than the shelby. But just like you said, on the right day with the right driver it is. With the turbo, its all about the temperature, and the barometric pressure. I feel that those two factors have a huge influence even on day to day driving. After driving that WR for almost four years, there are some days when it feels like its boosting really hard and there are some days when it feels like its not really putting out like it should. And so i have come to the conclusion that temperature, barometric pressure/humidity levels have a strong influence on the performance. Just all around the car has been the best!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.