new to this "thing" called a subaru? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new to this "thing" called a subaru? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette Just cuz you can get a good deal on something, doesn't mean you should! I could ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Just cuz you can get a good deal on something, doesn't mean you should! I could give you a chocolate-covered turd for free...would you want it? But it's FREEEEE!

You don't even need an intake at this point, so maybe you should put that money towards a nicer, name-brand exhaust?

I know you kind of have your mind set on certain things and you have some experience with turbo cars, so you think you know what's best, but we're just trying to help you mod your car right and get the best bang for your buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    The reason the Injen intake is frowned upon is because it skews MAF scaling off more than most other intakes and is harder to tune for. This as opposed to ones that only need very minor adjustments.

Speedette has an no name intake she can sell you for exceedingly cheap if that's what's most important to you.
    well no one mentioned that to me. and ive got the full injen on my lancer and love it. works very well.

but i couldnt find any info good/nor bad about it so thats was i was basing my decision on.

and the other reason is that i need a new filter for the aem one o got bad but even working at an auto parts store i cant find a replacement filter that fits the dimensions of the one thats on there. and it def looks like it was a cold air at one point in time that has been "modded" down to an sri.

josh
    JR - "ok so maybe it isnt an evo but at least its faster than yours!" - quote from me to a guy with a Hon-duh while running my broken lancer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Just cuz you can get a good deal on something, doesn't mean you should! I could give you a chocolate-covered turd for free...would you want it? But it's FREEEEE!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrrevo1 View Post
    tell ya the truth, no idea. My fiance said to upgrade turbo and do a bigger wing, but idk.

My biggest thing is to do like an ams/greddy/hks exhaust, swap to an injen intake, new alpine head unit, some new gauges, and possible like sti grill.

I was kinda pondering getting another greddy profec b spec 2 bc and tuning with ecu flash and evo scan. But i need to replace the clutch first before anything else.

Josh
    no 1st step upgrade the uppipe, 2nd tune with TBE exhaust, 3rd suspension mods
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 04-08-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

well no one mentioned that to me. And ive got the full injen on my lancer and love it. Works very well.

But i couldnt find any info good/nor bad about it so thats was i was basing my decision on.

And the other reason is that i need a new filter for the aem one o got bad but even working at an auto parts store i cant find a replacement filter that fits the dimensions of the one thats on there. And it def looks like it was a cold air at one point in time that has been "modded" down to an sri.

Josh
    yeah but this isnt dsm!!!! You cant just slap on ricer parts without tuning for them...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    yeah but this isnt dsm!!!! You cant just slap on ricer parts without tuning for them...
    ya and in which is something that i can do....ive tuned quite a few cars including my own to run rather reliably.

josh
    JR - "ok so maybe it isnt an evo but at least its faster than yours!" - quote from me to a guy with a Hon-duh while running my broken lancer

ya and in which is something that i can do....ive tuned quite a few cars including my own to run rather reliably.

Josh
    id go with an opensource tune and just data log it and tune it to your liking... Is your lancer dohc?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    id go with an opensource tune and just data log it and tune it to your liking... Is your lancer dohc?
    gonna be on the dohc. either importing a 4g93 head from australia or going 4g64 out of a 3rd gen eclipse and doing an evo head swap making a 2.4L stroker and getting the corresspnding trans to match.

i already own ecuflash and ecoscan for data logging and tuning/ messing with maps.

josh

Welcome!!

To everyone
    : Remember guys, better here than to get RIPPED a new one on Nasioc.

jrrevo1: the best advice people can give you is to read and RE-read the FAQs.. Here are just a few threads for you to get acquainted with:

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Remember, "SEARCH" is and will always be your best Friend!!!

Good Luck and happy modding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 97_04 View Post
    Welcome!!

To everyone
    : Remember guys, better here than to get RIPPED a new one on Nasioc.

jrrevo1: the best advice people can give you is to read and RE-read the FAQs.. Here are just a few threads for you to get acquainted with:

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Remember, "SEARCH" is and will always be your best Friend!!!

Good Luck and happy modding!!!
    i use the search everyday on here since i can acutally find info on here unlike nasioc for some reason and that with me being new to subies it helps.

josh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.