Thought I'd Introduce myself - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thought I'd Introduce myself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by brfatal if warranty is an issue, honestly, stop modding. Any tech that actually pays attention can see ...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    if warranty is an issue, honestly, stop modding. Any tech that actually pays attention can see when parts have been recently removed (scratched/nicked bolts) and dealerships can tell if a car has been tuned.
    they can only tell if they run a diagnosis on it right?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If they choose they could attempt to look at bolts for scraches, or in the case of my shifter they can physically look at it an tell its about 2" or so shorter. I use quality parts and I understand basic auto mechanics. If something is outside my scope of ability a professional mechanic does it.

I am not attempting to "get one over" on the dealership. If I modify something and it breaks I have no problems replacing or repairing that. In the case of the 02-05 WRX where pieces of the cat can break off and harm the turbo and they tried to deny me based on a short shifter.. we would have some serious words.

If that same BOV causes the fuel pump to go bad (it is highly unlikely but can happen) then that would be my fault for adding a 50/50 bov that causes the car to use slightly more fuel between shifts. This is my fault and I'd have no problem fixing it.

Legally they cannot deny a warranty claim due to modifications unless they can prove that the modification directly related to the warranty claim in question. I have seen many dealerships attempt to "screw" people out of a warranty they rightfully paid for, such as denying claims because they added a K&N no replace air filter, painted the break callipars, or my personal favorite the carpet ripped and the "aftermarket" floormats were to blame not the fact that the carpet was installed improperly. (this was a suzuki dealership)

Warranty is not my primary concern, but as I said if I can keep it I will, if they say no more warranty then I'm not concernerned.
    Last edited by arthowell; 04-09-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: spelling (probably needs more)

Pics as promised:

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:

Low Angle:

Hood Scoop Grill (Grillcraft):

Engine Compartment:

Innercooler:

Happy news, The warranty is gone, saved myself almost $1300 too

I went to 75&80 last weekend, my runs sucked because its the first time i've been on a track in a few years, best time was 14.6 (need to work on reaction time and clutch release)

on that note thought i'd update what is going on
    purchasing ACT HD Street Clutch with ACT StreetLite flywheel
    TurboXS Turbo Back Exhaust (decided against the perrin)

I am trying to find a nice Engine Management System but have had no luck with AEM, the only thing I can find is the Delta or Cobb Access port. Any recommendations?
    2008 Subaru WRX 5door : EJ25 Turbo
    1997 Honda Del Sol : N/A D16Y8
    1982 Pontiac Trans Am : Chevy 305

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.