Finally 1000 miles

This is a discussion on Finally 1000 miles within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally I hit a 1000 miles today 2weeks from purchasing the car. I couldn't find the oil filter cause I ...

Finally 1000 miles

Finally I hit a 1000 miles today 2weeks from purchasing the car. I couldn't find the oil filter cause I didn't know to take off the bottom cover. But eventually took it off. Overall, I would say besides the extra step of taking off the cover. This is the easiest oil change for a car that I have ever done. The placement of the oil drain bolt and accessibility of the oil filter is excellent. I ended up changing it with Pennzoil 5w-30 and Purolator PureOne filter. It is 4.2 quarts, right? Do you guys end up saving the remainder for the next change?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrads. I don't recall saving the remainder after my 1K change. That was 3 years ago for me.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Yeah, I bought the 5 quart special from Advanced Auto Parts and saved the left over oil for another day. Did my first oil change last month at 2750 miles. Used conventional oil and will switch to synthetic at the next change. No fuel mileage improvement though even after 3500 miles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!

Have not seen the undercover on a 2008+, but taking it off is the best way for sure. Once off, an oil change could not be much easier.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

yeah, oil change is just as easy as chaning it on my truck. which didn't need to be lifted up or anything. I remembered back then when I had my 97 integra and the pos oil filter was in such a tight ackward position that I couldn't really use strength and a filter cover and wrentch wouldn't fit, so i ended up stabbing the filter and causing a mess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post
    It is 4.2 quarts, right? Do you guys end up saving the remainder for the next change?
    Whatever the manual recommends - please be sure to check. The 2.0 turbo engine is 4.8 qts. I use the leftover for a mower and snow thrower.

I used conventional oil for the first change and made the switch to Mobil 1 at 6592 miles. After ~51k miles I can detect no oil consumption.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post
    Finally I hit a 1000 miles today 2weeks from purchasing the car. I couldn't find the oil filter cause I didn't know to take off the bottom cover. But eventually took it off. Overall, I would say besides the extra step of taking off the cover. This is the easiest oil change for a car that I have ever done. The placement of the oil drain bolt and accessibility of the oil filter is excellent. I ended up changing it with Pennzoil 5w-30 and Purolator PureOne filter. It is 4.2 quarts, right? Do you guys end up saving the remainder for the next change?

Me and a buddy just did an oil change on my 2010 this past weekend and this site helped a lot with removing the undercover.

(scroll down a few screen lengths past the ads :P)

How To: Remove the plastic engine bay gaurd & install a FilterMag on a 2008+ STI - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums