Newbie WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title states, I am a Newbie and just got a 2010 WRX. I had a 2004 RX8 GT ...

Subie Newbie

As the title states, I am a Newbie and just got a 2010 WRX. I had a 2004 RX8 GT before this. The RX8 has excellent handeling but no low end torque. The high end was there, but nothing to write home about. I switched mainly to have a car that is still fun to drive and has more room as I go camping frequently and the RX8 lacked in space, although it did work.

I can drive stick, although I am no professional. I was taught when I was 14(8 yrs ago) and started driving my brothers car 3 days ago for a crash course. I'm picking up the WRX today.

What rpm do you all launch from during DD? My brother believes you need to get up to 1200rpm or so to spool the turbo before the car will even drive. I don't think so but I will find out soon enough lol.

What mods do you suggest for a little extra power without any major work or cost? I was thinking about the accessport as it won't void your warranty. Just make sure you restore the original flash prior to going to a Subaru dealer. The accessport should automatically backup the original flash. If not, there is an option to.

Also, is there anyone who e-tunes the wrx via cobb ap? I know for the RX8, MazdaManiac does this and offers 3 months of tuning free if you purchase it from him. Anything like this here?
    Last edited by jmc23200; 03-29-2010 at 11:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.