Strange idle rpm level at start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strange idle rpm level at start within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, quick question: Its probably nothing, but I just turned my wrx on, and the rpms went a bit ...

Strange idle rpm level at start

Hey everyone, quick question:

Its probably nothing, but I just turned my wrx on, and the rpms went a bit higher than the normal idle level, and stayed there. It almost sounded like I was giving it gas in neutral, but I wasnt. I then did tap on the gas in neutral, and the rpms shot up, and then went all the way back down to the normal level and everything was fine. I sat and waited listening, and there were no more abnormalities in the level or sound. I have an 06 with 45k miles on it that I got 8 days ago, and so far have had no problems with it and absolutely love it. I dont consider this to be a huge issue, but was just curious if anyone knows why it may have happened or if theres anything I should look out for in the future

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Happens during Cold start.

Don't hit boost 'til engine get's warm.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Alot of cars do this, does it idle at 1.5k for the first few mins then go back to 5 or 600 after driving?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Yeah it was idling at around that, and then when I tapped on the gas in neutral it went back down below 1, as if I had jostled something by hitting the gas. After driving it, and then coming back home and lookin at the rpms in neutral before turning it off, it was below 1 again. So you say this is normal and just happens from time to time if the engines cold?

yeah, it's normal and happens when engine is cold. Just drive easy 'til it get's warm and u'll be fine.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Cool cool, many thanks! Im gettin ready to post some pics of her right now...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.