Whats up guys.New to this site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Whats up guys.New to this site within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up fellaz.Just bought my first Scub and not disappointed.Its only an 02 but im a honda guy, so the ...

Whats up guys.New to this site

Whats up fellaz.Just bought my first Scub and not disappointed.Its only an 02 but im a honda guy, so the AWD is a plus!! Will post pics when i get a chance.Some of you may know me from my s/n but please, do not say my name on here pleaaasseee.I am curious though on what people start on when they work on these things.I already did the basics within the first week i had the car(which was only 2 weeks ago), but im looking into doin some internals in the near future and just wanna get some imput.Ok, now with a Honda, i know every brand and every part and what whp they add(sometimes decrease), but not with subaru.Obvious,Cosworth,but im looking for something that isnt going to be high maintanence and run me a fortune since this will be my DD.Should i start with the block? I ask because i am not looking to make this a drag car like my Honda,but a great DD street ANIMAL!!! So i guess the question im asking is, what brands/products should i be investing in? Please understand that i know enough about cars and i dont need to be told to get a boost gauge or turbo timer lol, thats already done.I wanna know what will be street worthy and not gonna cost me a fortune. Yes i knoe you've all probably have seen this a million times, but honestly, i really do not have time searching all the threads so please dont be mad.Let me know guys!! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

@wrxtreme, thanks bro.I honestly did not want to search though all the threads trying to find something useful.I appreciate it Everyone else, just keep the info comin as i read up on this stuff.Thanks again

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rwnyce1s View Post
    @wrxtreme, thanks bro.I honestly did not want to search though all the threads trying to find something useful.I appreciate it Everyone else, just keep the info comin as i read up on this stuff.Thanks again

i'm not a bro, but you're welcome :]

the stickies at the top of every forum usually have a lot of good info too. definitely read through the links i posted & let us know if you have any other specific questions.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

lol SORRY!! Hey you could be a girl and still be my bro.I shoulda known by the pink pig huh?lol..Well thank you very much MISS i appreciate it.I understand that their are stickies on top of each thread since i've been on honda-tech since 2001 but, when i mean i dont have time, i really dont.I work nights and have no internet access since my job is considered "classified" so i was hoping that someone(like you), would give me a little push in the right direction.Thank you very much and if you have more info, jus pass it down!!!

I'm still new here myself but after doing a bit of reading here I started with an open source tune and a silencer delete with the elbow piece and a k and n drop in filter.... next I'm doin a cbe and then gonna work on suspention and brakes then later I plan on getting a downpipe and going stage 2, but that will be after I start reenforcing the powertrain with sti tranny and diffs.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I'm still new here myself but after doing a bit of reading here I started with an open source tune and a silencer delete with the elbow piece and a k and n drop in filter.... next I'm doin a cbe and then gonna work on suspention and brakes then later I plan on getting a downpipe and going stage 2, but that will be after I start reenforcing the powertrain with sti tranny and diffs and a better clutch.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

@06scooby, lol welcome to the site!!!! Yea i have a 02 rex with a sti dp,sti TMIC, suspension,brakes ect..Lovin it to the fullest right now!! AWD FTW!!!! Im a honda lover at heart, but my WRX is makin me love Subie's more than ever!!! Good luck with yours!!

welcome Bug-eye and enjoy the ride!
    In order to learn what to do, you have to research the forums, its a must. If you hurry to mod without researching, you may break down the faster you mod...

lol Suba..yea i know i did a good amount of research on the car already. I've heard nothing but mixed reviews on the parts so i am kinda torn.I can garantee that i may be one of the few that DOES NOT buy the first thing they see(hense the forum lol). I am SERIOUS about buying great products, but i need to know what im looking at.(IE.Apexi,Greddy,Cosworth ect).I just need to know where i stand on a great DD.I mean great as in a descent amount of power, not the 250-300 that people seem to think is fast(no offense but my civic made 1,002whp). I really just want to see the reviews on "proven" parts and people that have had success with them. No cheap parts here

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    So, what are you torn on? And what is your end goal?

And how come you went so far with the Civic? I know someone who hit 850 and had no usable traction anywhere so he bumped himself down by 200 whp.

@06scooby, lol welcome to the site!!!! Yea i have a 02 rex with a sti dp,sti TMIC, suspension,brakes ect..Lovin it to the fullest right now!! AWD FTW!!!! Im a honda lover at heart, but my WRX is makin me love Subie's more than ever!!! Good luck with yours!!
    Did you mean STi up pipe when you said STi dp?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Please understand that i know enough about cars and i dont need to be told to get a boost gauge or turbo timer lol, thats already done.I wanna know what will be street worthy and not gonna cost me a fortune. Yes i knoe you've all probably have seen this a million times, but honestly, i really do not have time searching all the threads so please dont be mad.Let me know guys!! Thanks
    Well you don't need a turbo timer. I would say start with the basics...a turbo back exhaust and a tune...oh and a catless up-pipe...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Banned
    welcome from one noob to another..welcome to the thrill of a boosted car...and some times it makes the girlys panties wett when ya mash the gas and throw them into the seat

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast