Whats up guys.New to this site - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Whats up guys.New to this site within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by lytlec Well you don't need a turbo timer. I would say start with the basics...a turbo back ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Well you don't need a turbo timer. I would say start with the basics...a turbo back exhaust and a tune...oh and a catless up-pipe...
    beat me to it. Turbo timers are only as useful as the extra features they have ie gauges. Other than that they are useless. And with that horsepower it would have been much easier to start with an STI, you'll want the 2.5 block and the wrx tranny will need replaced with an STI, or something insane with that much horsepower. You will basically be replacing the entire car to achieve even 500 hp. Out of curiosity, how much torque did your honda have?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well hello there.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by rwnyce1s View Post
    @06scooby, lol welcome to the site!!!! Yea i have a 02 rex with a sti dp,sti TMIC, suspension,brakes ect..Lovin it to the fullest right now!! AWD FTW!!!! Im a honda lover at heart, but my WRX is makin me love Subie's more than ever!!! Good luck with yours!!
    lol sorry about that people i sent that using my cell phone and it went through a couple of times... thank you...a honda guy? i used to have a 97 integra gsr type r... it had a mugen header and full exhaust injen cai 750cc injectors fuel rail vtec controler and a few other things... it was nice but it was no wrx...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

@Garrett.It made 690ft lbs on C16.@brfatal, i went so far because i could grab traction.Thanks to Quife and M/T 26" x 10" slicks it was no problem grabbing traction.Also NRG Tech hooked me up with their 100lb weight bar for the front end so yea, definety never had a problem with traction.The driveshaft shop kept everything in check with the axles so it launched hard too..@lytlec yes i ment up pipe.And why no need for a turbo timer? i thought it was good to have when all i do is highway driving then about 2 minutes of city before i get to work and i just shut the car off.Remember, this has to be a reliable daily driver for me

@brfatal, my goal is to have a descent 400hp DD.Something that isnt going to be crazy to maintaine.Really everything has to be some-what reliable.I just hate having a stock car because i know how restricted they are,especially turbo cars. But i also know how some manufactures have tendencies to be less reliable than others, and being a honda guy, i have no idea what manufactures to beware of.. ya know?

I Support ClubWRX
    Some of you may know me from my s/n but please, do not say my name on here pleaaasseee
    What's going on Jacob Michael Joshua Matthew Christopher Andrew Daniel Ethan Joseph William Anthony Nicholas David Alexander Ryan Tyler James John Jonathan Brandon?

I haven't talked to you in a while Jacob Michael Joshua Matthew Christopher Andrew Daniel Ethan Joseph William Anthony Nicholas David Alexander Ryan Tyler James John Jonathan Brandon.

Do you miss your Honda Jacob Michael Joshua Matthew Christopher Andrew Daniel Ethan Joseph William Anthony Nicholas David Alexander Ryan Tyler James John Jonathan Brandon?

What modifications have you done so far Jacob Michael Joshua Matthew Christopher Andrew Daniel Ethan Joseph William Anthony Nicholas David Alexander Ryan Tyler James John Jonathan Brandon?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I still have my honda.And you still didnt say my name....

I Support ClubWRX
    I still have my honda.And you still didnt say my name....
    Can't say I didn't try...

400whp is a very lofty goal. You're looking at spending about 25k in mods to do that to a 2002 WRX.

And you also need to realize that 300whp on a civic is completely different than 300whp on a WRX.

I personally have just under 300whp corrected from 6000ft... so that's probably just at about 250whp. And I have absolutely no problem burning all four tires on ultraperformance all seasons (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus).

Gearing has a lot to do with it, and so does our power delivery system (AWD drivetrain with a LSD in the rear and a 50/50 center diff) and the amount of torque a boxer engine can make in relation to other 4 cylinder engines with 2.0 and less displacement.
    Last edited by Sinister; 03-27-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

IMHO Invidia makes great exhaust products. Grimmspeed is another good company to get parts from. Some like Cobb others like Perrin. So there is really no preferred part manufacturer for Subaru aftermarket parts.

As for engine internals I am not really sure.

Most people like Rotella oil.

Got any pics of your 1000HP Honda. I would like to see a dyno sheet or track run. Peace.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Most people like Rotella oil.

I don't think I know a single person that uses Rotella.

I use 4qts of Mobil 1 0w30 with 1qt of Lucas' Synthetic for engine, Subaru ExtraS for the Gearbox + differentials, and ELF for Brake fluid.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    you do not need a turbo timer because our turbos are oil and water cooled, only oil cooled turbos need turbo timers.

And as others said, 400whp on a wrx is an insane number, i hope you have a big bank roll
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12