Finally got my dream car...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally got my dream car... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, Well I finally just got a 2006 WRX last friday, standard edition & blue. I guess technically my ...

Finally got my dream car...

Hello all,

Well I finally just got a 2006 WRX last friday, standard edition & blue. I guess technically my "dream car" would have been a red one since they are so rare, but a friend of mine pointed out that red is a bad color to have on a car anyway cause it absorbs the suns harmful rays and blue deflects them.... Haha random and off topic. Anyway, it had 45k miles on it and it is in terrific shape. Only one previous owner and he did not modify it in any way or drive it hard at all from the looks of it. I will have to post pics from under the hood soon, you could eat a meal off the engine its so clean. I have wanted a WRX since 03 but never had a good enough paying career until recently, and now finally everything has come together nicely. So happy to have an 06 too, as I am not a fan of any body style thats 08 and beyond so far... I signed up for this forum to learn everything I possibly can about the car. I probably will not modify it, but you never know. I mainly just wanna learn all the details cause I suppose thats how I am with things Im really into. Looks like a big forum, Ill have to spend some time checkin everything out. Anyway just sayin hi, lookin foward to learnin everything I can and talkin to other people who love this car as much as I do!

Graham

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome when you say standard edition, do you mean the TR version? or just the regular WRX (non-limited) version?

eitherway, congrats. i bought my 06 WRB brand new in 06 and she's treated me well for the past 4 years. hope yours does the same :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome from Australia mate. Happy Driving. :-)

Awesome, I got a red one
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Xtreme--thanks for the well wishes! Its just a non limited version. I know the TR stands for tuner ready, but what else did those models come with in 06? Is that what you got?

Lytec--haha didnt mean any disrespect, I still think that color red is absolutely stunning and I hope it stays vibrant for as long as possible

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Xtreme--thanks for the well wishes! Its just a non limited version. I know the TR stands for tuner ready
    TR actually stands for "Trainrex". They dedicated the car to your favorite ClubWRX Administrator.

Haha quality. Nice avatar--I have no idea what kind of animal that is

I Support ClubWRX
    With the TRs it's not a matter of what it came with but more about what it DIDNT come with lol. The Tr was basically a slightly stripped down wrx. It was a few thousand cheaper than the standard. We don't have climate control, sideskirts, or body painted mirrors. We also have different seats that aren't that comfy IMO

desiree

Oh, no kidding, I thought it went WRX, then WRX TR, then STI. I have a lot to learn. Theres some things I wanna know right away, like how the turbo works, and just tips to get the best performance and life expectancy out of the car, got any good threads bookmarked on those topics?

I Support ClubWRX

desiree

Wow, thanks that second one with all the FAQs is perfect! Time to start digesting haha

Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post

Lytec--haha didnt mean any disrespect, I still think that color red is absolutely stunning and I hope it stays vibrant for as long as possible

I always thought darker colors absorb more light...such as black...which is why it is black....ha. Either way I don't care. I was just saying I have a red one!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I always thought darker colors absorb more light...such as black...which is why it is black

Yup, black definitely absorbs everything, but my friend was just mentioning that UV light, which damages everything over time, is in the blue spectrum, so things that are blue deflect it better, and things that are red would absorb more of it. I dont know much more than that. Maybe all the cars come coated with something that helps slow that process?
    How do you like your car so far regardless? It looks very sharp!

Welcome and congrats on your new WRX. Post up some pictures when you get the chance.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Congrats man, im picking up my blue 06 on sunday, cant wait
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast