Service....too soon?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Service....too soon? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have just over 2000 miles on my 2010 WRX 5-door. Is it too early for a service check and ...

Service....too soon?

I have just over 2000 miles on my 2010 WRX 5-door. Is it too early for a service check and an oil change?

Advanced thanks...again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would follow your schedule as outlined in your owners manual. I don't know about the new wrx's but my 06 has it's first maitanence at 3000 miles. It wouldn't hurt to do it earlier but I personally wouldnt
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 03-22-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: left out a word. iphone fail.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I changed my oil at 500 miles, 2000, and then every 3000 since then. Call me crazy for doing it that way but the oil was free (Worked in a dealership at the time)

Im pretty sure your first service interval is set to be at 3750... I would recomend getting that oil done every 3k though...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I did my first service (myself) at 2750 miles. I do the first two services ahead of the factory schedule and use regular oil. Next change will be in 3K, then after that I will use synthetic oil and change every 3750 miles. I always do new engines sooner due to break in period.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I would follow your schedule as outlined in your owners manual. I don't know about the new wrx's but my 06 has it's first maitanence at 3000 miles. It wouldn't hurt to do it earlier but I personally wouldnt
    +1. I have a 2010 and will do mine at 3000. The dealer tech even told me to wait until 3k for the 1st and then about 3000-3500 thereafter. Again, like people have said....doing it early will not hurt...but I would wait...
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

I took mine in at 3k miles and will probably continue every 3k miles (even though the book calls for 3750). I bought the prepaid maintenance so i figure i'll get my money out of it w/ every 3k.

All that said, I wish I had changed mine at 1k and then again at 3k. I think your first oil change is important so I personally wouldn't go past 3k
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.