Wrx?---sti? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Wrx?---sti? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ahh I've seen internet deals on the STI special edition for 33k. I thought that was a killer deal. Maybe ...

Ahh I've seen internet deals on the STI special edition for 33k. I thought that was a killer deal. Maybe I should keep looking into that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you wont truly know until you test drive hehe
    from what iv been told (did no research of my own)
    the STI special ed. is more for the driver looking for a car to lighten up and really mod, its supposed to be lighter and i believe it has spec C. suspension

i guess a basic STI you could say crappy single cd radio ect... lol

i do like the rims on it alot
    im sure you might be able to pick one up for 31 ish if you keep looking round
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

Yeah I guess this is the hard part about buying the car.
    Getting a price I can be happy with =\

If you have always wanted an STI and don't get one then you will probably kick yourself later on if you have the income for an STI. Insurance is nuts. I was paying $470 every 6mo on a '08 lexus and my '09 sti is $750 every 6mo. I don't regret it though. I love my STI ( I also am 31 with no points. I would hate to see the INS after a few tickets or if I was under 25) They ran INS quotes on me with a few different companies and some were as high as $1200 every 6. So make sure to check on it first before you make any decisions.
    Last edited by Nigel79; 03-23-2010 at 04:19 PM.

I really want an Sti but I think I will have to settle for the WRX instead. I will probably kick my self later down in the future but I am pretty sure I will still love it. =]

Quote Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
    I really want an Sti but I think I will have to settle for the WRX instead. I will probably kick my self later down in the future but I am pretty sure I will still love it. =]
    Yeah you will love it =]
    WRX 2010 White Sedan (no mods atm)

if you have to settle for a wrx what ever reason may be, you can always up grade to STI in the future

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

sti limited ed,
    Direct Quotes follow

"MSRP of $33k. With upgraded handling components and more basic features, the special edition(mid year 2010) emphasizes pure performance. Inital production run of the SE's will be 125 units(125 cars) exclusively in Aspen white. After that, WR blue, Dark Gray metallic, and Obsidian Black Pearl will follow.

The Special Edition has Halogen headlamps rather than HID's, standard body color mirrors with NO integrated turn signals. New 18x8.5 inch charcoal wheels from the JDM spec C STi. Suspension components are taken from the JDM spec C as well. F/R springs are from the spec C and are 16% stiffer in front and 29% stiffer in the rear. Rear sway bar is from spec C and is 24% stiffer accompanied by the spec C rear diff bushings.

No climate control a/c, just standard controls like the early WRX's and the spec C STi's. Stereo is a single disc, NOT a 6 disc player."

That is what they list as "KEY" changes. Lighter wheels, stiffer suspension, and basic audio/HVAC system. I would like to thank Subaru for doing this and offering this SE model. Especially since the price is that of the 04-07 STi and really is not lacking any creature comforts. I bet there are some other subtle differences not mentioned all for the better. Meaning if you want a cheaper, more aggressive STi from the factory for less money.

Yeah I'm planning to wait until the summer time to bargain for really cheap on the Sti SE because I am pretty sure they want it all gone before the 2011 start to roll in. Good idea <3?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123