Wrx?---sti? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx?---sti? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks guys!! Really helped a bunch. I think I will settle for a WRX instead of an Sti considering the ...

Thanks guys!! Really helped a bunch.

I think I will settle for a WRX instead of an Sti considering the insurance increase. I will probably miss out SOOOOO MUCH by not getting the Sti but it cost wayy to much >_<. And besides I won't lose that much right? I am pretty sure the WRX owners here are happy with their cars? ^^

Oh and what about the 40hp difference? I thought there was no difference in the engine. Just the regular 265hp turbo charged? Or am I wrong =\

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
    Oh and what about the 40hp difference? I thought there was no difference in the engine. Just the regular 265hp turbo charged? Or am I wrong =\
    you never mentioned what year wrx you were looking at

2009+ wrxs have 265.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was looking at both the wrx and sti models... I really wanted The extras you get in the sti, but it only comes in a hatch which I hate (hate hatch cars in general) that was half the deal breaker and the nearest dealer who has service equpiement to service it was 500kms away so while cost was no problem having to drive so far to get it serviced was.. As a novelty would soon become a royal pain in the a$$

Anyways I ended up getting the 2010 wrx sedan in white with leather and sun roof (I guess a US premium version minus seat warmers?) had her for about 3 weeks now and got 900kms on her, damn hard keeping it under the 4k for first 1.6kms but so far very happy with it.

For closer performance to sti from a 09+ wrx since it already comes with the sti turbo, get ecu remapped from a good tuner, upgrade exhaust turbo back, fit sti tmic if possible?

Either way you will be happy I am so far

Quote Originally Posted by jmatthew80 View Post
    Besides, guys with the STi's have God complexes.

I have never had anyone with an STi act like that around me...I have had people that don't know **** about cars ask me if I am driving an STi and when I say WRX they are like...oh...either way. It doesn't bother me one bit.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I have never had anyone with an STi act like that around me...I have had people that don't know **** about cars ask me if I am driving an STi and when I say WRX they are like...oh...either way. It doesn't bother me one bit.
    Maybe its just around here. But most of the STI guys think that they are better than everyone else in WRX/Sti. Which is fine if you can drive your STi like its suppose to be driven, because I know around here they dont, and us poor 'ol little WRX's that DO know how to drive, often make them look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
    I have the WRX premium and you get what you stated plus sun roof, heated seats although you do not get power driver's seat. Not sure if it's an option. I did not even consider the STI as it is costs much more than the WRX and more importantly insurance is outrageous, one of the highest cars to insure if not the highest.
    so far for me i pay less for insurance then i did on my infinity qx56, dodge ram, e36..
    pay about 120 a month
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

what i did when buying my sti was test drive both.. a few times

bottom line now mater what you get you will be happy, go with what you feel more at home in when you test drive

wrx/STi

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

"M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post

Lol try 40 hp difference and a different drivetrain set up.
    i thought he was asking the diff between the wrx's
    not the diff between the wrx vs. sti

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    i thought he was asking the diff between the wrx's
    not the diff between the wrx vs. sti

Hey guys I'm a new member and deciding to buy a subaru of my own!!! The problem is I don't know which one I should get. I want a car that is fast but still drivable in the city. I leaning towards the WRX but I feel like if I get the WRX I will be missing out on the Sti.

So I guess what I'm really asking is how do you feel driving your WRX or WRX Sti on the road?

Which do you think better suits me?

Thanks! =]
    Never once mentioned comparing different model wrx's.

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Oh forgot to add

What is the difference between the WRX, Premium, and Limited?
    ahhh but he did lol

Touche sir, I'm obviously blind.

hehe we all have our blind moments lol
    i thought i was going retarded when i saw your post about mine lol

Ahh sorry about not clearly stating which year I was looking at. I was looking at the 2010 WRX's =].
    But I have decided to get the regular WRX instead of the Sti even though I might be missing out on a lot. The WRX just seems like a better deal for me.

Now I just needa go around dealerships and find good prices =\. Any thought on the price range I should try to bargain for?

my buddy picked his up for 33k.. (STI)
    i would look on line even further away from your home for a price you like, fly out and drive her home, air tickets arent to much and you might be able to find a killer deal, email dealers with offers

i would still test drive both

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.