Going from having a truck for 15 years to a car

This is a discussion on Going from having a truck for 15 years to a car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all! I have owned Toyota and or Dodge Trucks for the last 15 years and now that I no ...

Going from having a truck for 15 years to a car

Hi all!

I have owned Toyota and or Dodge Trucks for the last 15 years and now that I no longer need a truck I have been doing massive research on an inexpensive sports car and the WRX is 1st on my list.

WRX meets all my requirement. 4 Doors, All Wheel Drive for the rain/snow here in Washington State, decent gas mileage with gas hitting $3.00 a gallon, reliability, resale value and inexpensive - if you call $25k inexpensive.

I currently have a 2008 Toyota Tundra with the 381HP/401TQ 5.7 and for a 5,800lb 4x4 it gets up and moves and was just as fast as my wife's old 2006 Honda Accord V6 with the 6sp tranny. I'm most likely going to wait for my purchase of a WRX sometime in Oct/Nov and hopefully get a 2010 left over for less $$$, but if something comes up in the next 6 months I will jump on it.

I ran into a modified WRX STI (07ish) while riding my 08 Hayabusa and was surprised how fast it was off the line as we hit 100mph. We were nose to nose to 30mph (he got the jump on me), then by the time I shifted to 2nd at 70mph he was at my rear by about a car length. When I hit 100mph topping out 2nd shifting to third he was still there about 3 car lengths. What really amazed me was the he spun all 4 tires off the line and I heard them chirp when he shifted to 2nd. Not a bad run for a 40 year old guy racing a young guy in his prime.

Anyway - new to the WRX and will be reading much to ensure I am ready for my WRX with mods when she's parked next to my 08 Hayabusa sometime in the next 6 months.
    Last edited by gastoys; 03-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That must have been one modified sti. Welcome to the forums, and gl with the wrx search!
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

how about looking into a STI ?
    that will look much nicer chillin with your busa hehe
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown