Long time lurker, first time poster, impulse buyer...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Long time lurker, first time poster, impulse buyer... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all. I've just recently picked up a 2006 WRX and I couldn't be happier; I've had my eye on ...

Long time lurker, first time poster, impulse buyer...

Hey all. I've just recently picked up a 2006 WRX and I couldn't be happier; I've had my eye on these cars for years, and although I didn't spring for an STi, it was worth the wait. I look forward to years and years of AWD shenanigans...

Now, I do have an issue. Months ago, just before the snow hit, I purchased a set of wheels from a customer of my store. He had an RS with an '06 STi swap he had done himself, so I foolishly took his word that the wheels would bolt on without issue. It is extremely uncharacteristic of me to buy ANYTHING without researching the crap out of it first, but then again, I do tend to trust people a little to much. So fast-forward to 3 days ago when I think to myself "hey maybe I should make sure that those wheels will fit on my car before I take them to the shop" and lo-and-behold, factory 2006 STi wheels won't fit a 2006 WRX. Damnit.

So, would wheel adapters work or is that a terrible idea? They're black BBS 17's, and I'd love to have them on my car. Or should I just try and sell them, and what would be a reasonable price? Any insight would be greatly appreciated; I know it was a really stupid move on my part not to do my research, but if I can make them work maybe my wife will let me sleep indoors again...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't use the adapters... it'll throw off the offset.

Sorry, but the 05+ STi uses a 114/5 bolt pattern, and the WRX uses a 100/5 bolt pattern.

Congrats on the purchase though!! 06 was the best year made in my opinion
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    06 was the best year made in my opinion

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah I kinda figured adapters would be a bad idea...oh well. Absolutely love the car though...it's completely stock, but not for long...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBucket View Post
    Yeah I kinda figured adapters would be a bad idea...oh well. Absolutely love the car though...it's completely stock, but not for long...
    what're the miles and what're your plans?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Welcome to the forums. To bad about those STi wheels, but if you like them, try looking for a used set of '04 STi wheels (as that is the only year STi with the same 5x100 wheel pattern). What are your plans for your new WRX??
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I actually just talked to the guy who sold them to me and he feels bad (turns out neither of us did our research...heh) and so hopefully I can get something out of it. As for the car, it's got 112,000Km on it, and although it has quite a few rock chips on the hood and other small scratches it's in awesome shape.

I think I want to start out with some basic engine management and a TBE...I think that'll serve me just fine for now, as it's our only mode of transport and I need to keep it reliable. I know the ongoing debate is between different types of EM...if I'm not planning anything crazy for the car, would an Accessport be fine? I'm attracted to its "idiot-proof" -ness, and the ability to change maps on the fly, mainly for fuel economy on longer trips. After that, maybe a few suspension upgrades to get it lower and tighter, a little bit of brake work, some new paint and that'll probably be it. I'm a car audio fabricator/installer so I'm thinking of making it into a (tasteful) showcar for my shop this summer.

In regards to exhaust systems, I don't want to spend a ton of money on one. How cheap can you go before it becomes worthless...? I am definitely a believer in "you get what you pay for", but I really can't drop $1500 on a name-brand system...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBucket
    In regards to exhaust systems, I don't want to spend a ton of money on one. How cheap can you go before it becomes worthless...? I am definitely a believer in "you get what you pay for", but I really can't drop $1500 on a name-brand system...
    Personal For Sale & Wanted - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Engine/Power/Exhaust - NASIOC

Buy used exhaust parts
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.