Just ordered my First Subie!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered my First Subie!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well now I don't know what to do with myself during this wait. I upgraded my Trans AM WS6 with ...

Well now I don't know what to do with myself during this wait. I upgraded my Trans AM WS6 with HIDs (Hella projectors in both low and hi beams).

I think it came out pretty sweet, plus I'm only about 20 some people in the world that have them in the car. They used the old sealed phillips bulbs that were rectangular and there was no upgrades what so ever until someone finally took the time to custom build a kit. So I'm only 1 of about 10 people that have this kit as it's a first run production/test of it. Pretty darn impressive if you ask me.

Hella Projectors with 5000K HID lows and 6000K HB3 (or HB7) bulbs Highs

View from the roof (the shop light is a 4235K light) with a show of the nice color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0365-1024.jpg   IMG_0363-1024.jpg  
    Last edited by PewterTA; 04-05-2010 at 06:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the ~ 8 weeks before the Subie arrives. I'm going

Now I need to figure out something else to keep my mind busy....

Quote Originally Posted by PewterTA View Post
    Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the ~ 8 weeks before the Subie arrives. I'm going

Now I need to figure out something else to keep my mind busy....
    Headers, cam, heads, intake?

Maybe some drag radials?

Sweet T/A...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Ha ha, thanks! A lot of that stuff is taken care of....though there's always room for more.

I'm trying to think of things that won't cost me an arm and a leg!

Thanks for the compliments, it is my "baby." It's the car I've always wanted, ever since the first commercials came out in '98 with the "The Muscle Car Lives!" The one where it eats a Porsche and takes off breaking the street light. Gave me chills.

So nothing will replace it... but there's always room for a Subie in my heart too!

Well just got the call from the dealership, my subie's just hit the docks in the USA. Next week I should have the vehicle!

This isn't bad considering everyone seemed to be having a 8+ week turn around, mine is ending up at the 5 week turn around.

I feel bad for everyone else, but I'm excited to get my car too!

Very very soon I'll be a Scooby driver!

Well just got the call from the dealership, my subie's just hit the docks in the USA. Next week I should have the vehicle!

This isn't bad considering everyone seemed to be having a 8+ week turn around, mine is ending up at the 5 week turn around.

Nice one PewterTa.

I was so excited when I got mine I felt sick. Drive it all the time, work, outings. Gas prices in the UK are stupid. About 1.27 a litre. Per Gallon it's about 5.80. No idea what that is in Dollars but we poor brits always get stung with high tax on fuel. Don't care. Love my Scooby

Maybe mine is on the same boat?? I am in NY soo...maybe the same port?? lol
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

I wouldn't doubt it...if you ordered at the same time (roughly) I would thinkit'd make more sense to ship ones going to roughly the same part of the country at one time. That way they are freighted together on the boats and ride the same rail line.

Hopefully you get yours here soon!!!

Well the wait didn't kill me. Course it only took 5 weeks to get mine in!

Got her on Saturday Morning and haven't been able to wipe the grin from my face yet.

Already did my first "mod," I put in the K&N panel filter, got it at a great price, so why not?! It definitely increases the turbo noise over the stock filter and oddly enough, mellowed out the SPT exhaust (not as much drone and more noise outside of the vehicle).

So anyways, I'm super super excited (a little bit sad for my old car, I'll always love her and miss her) and can't wait to get home to drive her some more!

Here's some pictures.

My two ladies sitting next to each other!

Last edited by PewterTA; 04-26-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Hooray for new cars!!!

Glad you got yours!! Congrats! I am picking mine up tomorrow...it has been such a long wait that I am being very pessimistic about the pickup Like "Is this really the end of a 4 month wait??"
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

HOO-RAH!!!!! Dang Pewter so glad your kid finally arrived. Oh man I was anxious for you bro, and might. I. Say. That is one amazing machine. Absolutely stunning. Down to the red stitching on the steering wheel. Bravo and enjoy.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Thanks I'm absolutely so proud!!!!

Everytime I get into the subie I just light up and have soooo much fun! It's really a different type of experience compared to any other vehicle I've driven. Or it could be after roughly 7 to 8 years of not having a new vehicle... I forgot what it's like.

Either way I'm excited and nervous all in one. I don't want to anything to happen to her and it's been raining since I got it and everything I keep looking and saying, "I don't want to take you out in the rain!"

I'm treating her like the Trans Ams.

I actually can't wait to clean her up and do a good claybar to her and get some Zaino on there to seal and protect.

Banned

Cograts PewterTa

Hey dude ,
    I live in South Park too. I just bought a 2010 Obsidian Black WRX limited Hatch from Day Apollo Subaru. I loooooove it !
    I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and do not miss it one bit .
    I got the media hub and SPT exhaust and Dimming mirror.
    I picked it up last Sat. and look for every excuse I can to drive it. It's plenty fast for me as is. The only thing I want to do is add a sub. Just trying to figure the best way to tap into the speakers. Well anyway, Good Luck and I'll be on the lookout for you on Corrigan Drive.

Nice!!! Had I known I could've gotten you a really good deal at Bowser too! lol. Unless you got a good deal, then nevermind!

How do you like the media hub?

I was thinking about the Navi system w/ media hub then decided against it considering I don't like the stock stereo at all. It's definitely got a bloated mid-bass section that most likely an EQ would fix...but I'm thinking I'm going to save money up for the Pioneer/Kenwood Navi system and live with that.

I've got 2 12" Kenwoods from my old car that I'm debating to put in...however, the box is pretty big, so I'm thinking I probably won't... don't know yet. If I can get better sound from a HU replacement then I'll be all set. It's tough coming from a Monsoon sound system in both my cars that was crystal clear and very good to this.

Oh well, at least the SPT exhaust and Short Shifter make up for it (love the shorty)!

Let me know where you are around there, I'm over off of stoltz & berryman. Hopefully I'll run into you soon!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast