Just ordered my First Subie!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

This is a discussion on Just ordered my First Subie!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Get a lawn chair, a sixpack, and spend some time just staring at your car......

  1. #16
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Get a lawn chair, a sixpack, and spend some time just staring at your car...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User PurpleMongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    185
    I'll look for ya...
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

    2009 WRX Sedan

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Posts
    3
    hahaha yeah man for sure. The car is amazing. I just stood in my garage staring at it for a good 25 minutes hah. My only gripe is the stereo! Will be upgrading that soon for sure. That being said, I found myself turning off the radio to listen to that beautiful engine, so I think I can live without a stereo for a while

  5. #19
    Registered User PewterTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Park, PA
    Posts
    100
    It won't be hard to miss me... For one there aren't many Hatchbacks here in Pittsburgh. I have yet to see one and only one or two sedans.

    That and I'll look like Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte (Sp?) commercial

    It makes me wonder why the radio inside is soooo bad... It is a shame that it's small features like that, that can really make a car all that much better!

  6. #20
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,649
    I Support ClubWRX
    I bought my car on a Tuesday and by that Saturday I had my pioneer head unit installed lol

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  7. #21
    Registered User PewterTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Park, PA
    Posts
    100
    So it's the headunit that really sucks (under powered?) or is it both the HU and the speakers?

    I would reallly hate to have to replace both. I guess this will suck going from the Pontiac's Monsoon sound systems (one of the best stock systems I've heard) to this. Ughhh looks like that will be on the list of the first "mod."

    That and I'm thinking I need to find some decent rims to throw snow tires on for the winter.

    So looks like between the two I have my money already spent.

  8. #22
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,649
    I Support ClubWRX
    IMO, just the head unit sucks. i'm still using my stock speakers but i have a pioneer headunit & 2 10" subs. sounds fine to meeee

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  9. #23
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterTA View Post
    So it's the headunit that really sucks (under powered?) or is it both the HU and the speakers?

    I would reallly hate to have to replace both. I guess this will suck going from the Pontiac's Monsoon sound systems (one of the best stock systems I've heard) to this. Ughhh looks like that will be on the list of the first "mod."

    That and I'm thinking I need to find some decent rims to throw snow tires on for the winter.

    So looks like between the two I have my money already spent.
    H/U sucks, but the speakers aren't great either. The optional subwoofer they sell sucks too.

    Try a new H/U and some decent speakers.

    Rota makes goodlooking rims at reasonable prices that you could throw winters on...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Posts
    3
    Yeah I would imagine that is it mainly the HU being underpowered. It was really annoying today because you crank the volume all the way up to 40 and I was like this is just pathetic. I'll be throwing a HU in as soon as possible. I wonder how they could go through production and not notice that its unbelievably underpowered. Sad thing is they probably did notice and just thought they would save a few dollars. Not a real big deal just a pain to have to throw a new headunit into a brand new car right away. Besides that I fall in love with the rex all over again as soon as I drive it. I was literally looking at other peoples cars today while driving, and I felt bad that they weren't zoomin around in a wrx lol.

  11. #25
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by pavia View Post
    get a lawn chair, a sixpack, and spend some time just staring at your car...
    lol i hear ya ive had mine for about 3 months now and ive noticed ive been smoking a pack a day just to go out and stare at it... I effing love it its the perfect car...

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I bought my car on a Tuesday and by that Saturday I had my pioneer head unit installed lol
    YEAH THATS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IT THE STEREO ITS REALLY UNDERPOWERED... I'M GOING TO GUT IT OUT EVENTUALLY BUT IM AFRAID IT WILL GET STOLEN AGAIN... DAMN GHETTO... ANYWAYS I LIKE THE 6 DISC CHANGER BUT THEY COULDVE AT LEAST PUT IN A AUX INPUT...

    Quote Originally Posted by Uswag View Post
    Just got my first subaru today, and I'm lucky enough to say its a wrx. Hasn't even sat in the garage for more than an hour. I must say that I have a new love in my life!!! Freaking awesome car. Did not think it would be as fast as it is!
    I HEAR YA WHEN I 1ST DROVE 1 I HAD AN EAR TO EAR GRIN ON MY FACE FOR LIKE A WEEK... THESE THING ARE FAST JUST HOW THEY SIT IN STOCK FORM... DO A SIMPLE OPEN SOURCE TUNE AND THEY FLY... ITS AMAZING HOW MUCH POWER YOU CAN GET OUT OF A FORCED INDUCTION CAR FOR CHEAP!
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 03-23-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  12. #26
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Uswag View Post
    Yeah I would imagine that is it mainly the HU being underpowered. It was really annoying today because you crank the volume all the way up to 40 and I was like this is just pathetic. I'll be throwing a HU in as soon as possible. I wonder how they could go through production and not notice that its unbelievably underpowered. Sad thing is they probably did notice and just thought they would save a few dollars. Not a real big deal just a pain to have to throw a new headunit into a brand new car right away. Besides that I fall in love with the rex all over again as soon as I drive it. I was literally looking at other peoples cars today while driving, and I felt bad that they weren't zoomin around in a wrx lol.
    Just look at it as the beginning of an enjoyable customizing adventure...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  13. #27
    Registered User PewterTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Park, PA
    Posts
    100
    I already have two 12" subs that I'm pulling from my grand am (I don't like it loud, I like it accurate and clean). That's my problem I'm an audiophile so if it doesn't sound good I go nuts making sure it sound right. SO I might have to get a new head unit and then add those subs...course I'll probably want to change out the speakers too and the wiring. Damn.

    This is already costing me and I don't even have it yet!

    Thanks for the Rota suggestion, I'll look into them. I was just thinking on getting something cheap and it doesn't even have to look all that great. Just something to get me through the 3 months of winter here in Da 'Burgh. Maybe even steel wheels. Who knows...
    Last edited by PewterTA; 03-24-2010 at 07:19 AM.

  14. #28
    Registered User PewterTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Park, PA
    Posts
    100
    Another question...

    Does anyone have the Media Hub/Nav system, does it suck also? I found out they'd throw that in for very very little if I wanted it...? Would it be worth it or should I stick with an aftermarket HU?

  15. #29
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterTA View Post
    I already have two 12" subs that I'm pulling from my grand am (I don't like it loud, I like it accurate and clean). That's my problem I'm an audiophile so if it doesn't sound good I go nuts making sure it sound right. SO I might have to get a new head unit and then add those subs...course I'll probably want to change out the speakers too and the wiring. Damn.

    This is already costing me and I don't even have it yet!

    Thanks for the Rota suggestion, I'll look into them. I was just thinking on getting something cheap and it doesn't even have to look all that great. Just something to get me through the 3 months of winter here in Da 'Burgh. Maybe even steel wheels. Who knows...
    I lot of folks throw the winter tires on the stock rims and go with the aftermarket rims for the rest of the year.

    Just to tempt you some more...
    Audio Integrations Perfect Fit Solutions order page for Subaru wrx sti rs,Honda civic,Mitsubishi evo,Toyota fj cruiser,Mini Cooper,Ford mustang
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  16. #30
    Registered User PewterTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Park, PA
    Posts
    100
    Why do you have to do this???

    I thought it wasn't nice to tease!!!!

    I think I'll probably stick with my rectangular 2 12" box, should fit in the hatchback well if it fits in the trunk of my GA currently. Plus that'll save money for other things!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •